WV State Senate Candidate Beaten Unconscious with Brass Knuckles

Started by jimmy olsen, May 08, 2016, 10:14:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

An Assassination attempt against a candidate for the WV state senate?  :huh:

http://wvmetronews.com/2016/05/08/state-senate-candidate-hospitalized-after-attack/

QuoteState senate candidate hospitalized after attack

By Jeff Jenkins in News | May 08, 2016 at 8:30PM

CHARLESTON, W.Va. — A candidate for state Senate was in stable condition at a Charleston hospital Sunday night and a man was in custody in connection with allegedly attacking him earlier Sunday in Logan County, according to reports.

Richard Ojeda, who is challenging state Senator Art Kirkendoll (D-Logan) in Tuesday's election, was putting a bumper sticker on a car at a political event in Whitman when he was struck from behind. He was hit in the head several times with brass knuckles. Family members said the attack was politically motivated.

WSAZ-TV reported Sunday night state police had taken Jonathan Porter into custody in connection with the beating.

Ojeda suffered several facial fractures and other injuries.

Several candidates responded to the attack on social media.

"I am shocked and sadden to learn of the vicious attack on Richard Ojeda," Democratic gubernatorial candidate Booth Goodwin posted on Facebook. "My thoughts and prayers go out to Richard and his family. Richard served his country with honor and is seeking to continue his service to his state. Violence has no place anywhere in our political process."

Fellow gubernatorial candidate Jeff Kessler posted a message on Twitter.

"Sickened & shocked to hear of brutal assault on WV Sen candidate. Perpetrator needs prosecuted! Prayers for recovery"
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Eddie Teach

I don't think Trump is very concerned about the state senate of West Virginia.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Jaron on May 09, 2016, 01:04:19 AM
Probably a Bernie bro

The victim is blaming "the Establishment".

QuoteTo Ojeda, however, it was clearly premeditated — and it was all about politics.

Citing what he described as the intense poverty, corruption and nepotism that plagues the region — and his campaign for transparency and good government — Ojeda said: "The moment you start asking questions, you become public enemy number one."

"I'm challenging the powers that be," he added.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

They're usually more discreet in Logan County.  This was a sloppy hit.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

dps

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on May 09, 2016, 08:31:52 AM
They're usually more discreet in Logan County.  This was a sloppy hit.

In Harlan, they shoot you in the back of the head. Then burn the body.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive