Cape Breton island welcomes American refugees

Started by viper37, February 18, 2016, 12:52:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siege

Ok. French is cool too.
The language, not the people.
They are assholes withrawing their support for fellow democracies.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Valmy

Quote from: Siege on February 23, 2016, 08:56:04 AM
Ok. French is cool too.
The language, not the people.
They are assholes withrawing their support for fellow democracies.

Hey they used to be your best buds. But then their voting demographic shifted a tad.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

And now here's a website offering to match Americans with Canadians so they can flee Trump.  From their (so far placeholder-only) website:

QuoteMake dating great again.
Maple Match makes it easy for Americans to find the ideal Canadian partner to save them from the unfathomable horror of a Trump presidency.

http://www.maplematch.com/
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

KRonn

Quote from: Barrister on February 18, 2016, 01:02:30 PM
Quote from: viper37 on February 18, 2016, 12:52:19 PM
Very funny :)

What it doesn't point out is that Americans can't simply move to Canada - there's a whole immigration process to go through.

And it doesn't mention that the reason Cape Breton needs people is because everyone keeps leaving because there's no work.

I'll go as an illegal, and surely Canada won't kick out an illegal! And I don't need work - I'll be retired.   :)

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on May 10, 2016, 12:07:28 PM
And now here's a website offering to match Americans with Canadians so they can flee Trump.  From their (so far placeholder-only) website:

QuoteMake dating great again.
Maple Match makes it easy for Americans to find the ideal Canadian partner to save them from the unfathomable horror of a Trump presidency.

http://www.maplematch.com/
Miley Cyrus is planning to move here if Trump gets elected.  I'll register on the site, thanks.

:P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.