Explosions at Zaventem Airport (Brussels airport)/Brussels metro

Started by Crazy_Ivan80, March 22, 2016, 02:57:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Grumbler knows how magazines work; he was one of the founders of Punch after all.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on April 05, 2016, 11:07:03 PM
Quote from: grumbler on April 05, 2016, 01:52:30 PM
Suddenly Charlie Hebdo isn't a satire magazine, but a news magazine?

if they say these silly things, i suspect that they are not meaning to be taken seriously.

I don't think you understand how such magazines work in France.

Actually, I don't know either.  Perhaps you could explain it to us.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Quote from: Razgovory on April 05, 2016, 11:40:04 PM
Quote from: Martinus on April 05, 2016, 11:07:03 PM
Quote from: grumbler on April 05, 2016, 01:52:30 PM
Suddenly Charlie Hebdo isn't a satire magazine, but a news magazine?

if they say these silly things, i suspect that they are not meaning to be taken seriously.

I don't think you understand how such magazines work in France.

Actually, I don't know either.  Perhaps you could explain it to us.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=satire+in+french+political+journalism

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Siege

Karl Popper said, "Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them."

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Martinus

Quote from: Siege on April 11, 2016, 04:22:26 AM
Karl Popper said, "Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them."

:hug:

Razgovory

Well, paint me as pleasantly surprised that you have been reading Karl Popper.  I think you may be misapplying it here, (he was talking about philosophers not Muslims), and may have even gotten it reversed, but at least you are trying!

Martinus

Quote from: Razgovory on April 11, 2016, 06:13:48 AM

Well, paint me as pleasantly surprised that you have been reading Karl Popper.  I think you may be misapplying it here, (he was talking about philosophers not Muslims), and may have even gotten it reversed, but at least you are trying!

Uhm, no, he was talking about any groups that espouse ideology or philosophy that is contrary to open liberal society and wants to abolish it. In his time, such group were the nazis, but right now, at least in Western Europe, the most prominent group espousing such ideology are Muslims. Siegy used this quote perfectly a propos.

Incidentally, it's funny how you constantly shit on and are condescending to plenty of people here, while being possibly the most useless, parasitic and unproductive Languishite in real life. Say what you want about Siegy, at least he has done something for the society and/or country outside of his father's basement.

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on April 11, 2016, 06:32:50 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 11, 2016, 06:13:48 AM

Uhm, no, he was talking about any groups that espouse ideology or philosophy that is contrary to open liberal society and wants to abolish it. In his time, such group were the nazis, but right now, at least in Western Europe, the most prominent group espousing such ideology are Muslims. Siegy used this quote perfectly a propos.

Incidentally, it's funny how you constantly shit on and are condescending to plenty of people here, while being possibly the most useless, parasitic and unproductive Languishite in real life. Say what you want about Siegy, at least he has done something for the society and/or country outside of his father's basement.

No, I'm sorry it does not.  Popper was talking about a group that wanted to eliminate certain ethnic groups that were widely seen as alien and destructive to society.  But let's see, who are the most prominent groups espousing such ideologies in Europe today?  Is ISIS beating out the National Front in France?  Are they about to take over the government there?  What about Poland?  How many people want to impose Sharia law in that country?  Is it comparable to those who want to force the Muslims outside the country?  You were complaining last year that the majority party in your country was trying to undermine the constitution?  Were they all Muslims?

You make the same mistake as all bigoted right wingers.  You make the jump from the belief that the government shouldn't harass a certain group of people to the idea that not harassing those people is  being sympathetic to all the aims of that group.  You make the same stupid arguments that people in this country make when they talk about "the gay agenda", and how we must come down hard on homosexuals because they are plotting to destroy our free society.

mongers

A man who killed a commuter and injured three others in a knife attack at a railway station near Munich suffered from psychological problems and drug addiction, state officials say.

The man attacked four people shortly before 05:00 (03:00 GMT) on Tuesday at Grafing station. One of the victims died of his wounds in hospital.

A 27-year-old German man was eventually overpowered by police and arrested.

Some witnesses said he shouted "Allahu akbar" ("God is great" in Arabic).

But a spokesman for Bavaria state's interior ministry said that "so far we have no evidence for an Islamist motive"

:hmm:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36254513

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Malicious Intent

Looks like the man is seriously mentally disturbed and may not even be muslim. Nevertheless, police is currently checking if there is any hint of him converting recently.

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Malicious Intent on May 10, 2016, 10:01:15 AM
Looks like the man is seriously mentally disturbed and may not even be muslim. Nevertheless, police is currently checking if there is any hint of him converting recently.

That's what the authorities said following some "isolated" cases in December 2014.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/12/24/france-s-wave-of-crazy-terror-christmas-attacks.html

QuoteFrance's Wave of Crazy-Terror Christmas Attacks
The French government would like people to believe that insanity and terrorism are mutually exclusive. But as we are seeing all over the world, one can serve the other.
PARIS—Three attacks in three towns in three days have spread terror across France. But were they the acts of terrorists? French President François Hollande is telling the French people they should "not lump them together." Prime Minister Manuel Valls says that two of the three incidents were the work of deranged copycats, but don't fit into a "classic terrorist logic." And an adviser to the French government, speaking privately, tells The Daily Beast, "These are not lone wolves, they are crazy wolves."

Later on, Valls changed his tune and declared France was at war...

Malicious Intent

I am well aware of the risk of militant islamists in Germany. Just recently some radicalized girl stabbed a police officer in Hannover.

This new case does not really fit the islamist motive though. The killer is German, has no muslim background, is unemployed and a regular drug user. He was psychiatrically interned on Sunday, but left on Monday and then traveled from Hesse to Bavaria, where the attack happened.