Explosions at Zaventem Airport (Brussels airport)/Brussels metro

Started by Crazy_Ivan80, March 22, 2016, 02:57:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archy

Most Belgians don't put much faith in their police, politicians and justice system.
It's a joke especially in Brussels in which the city is split in 18 municipalities with their own mayor and local police. Crossing the borders of such a municipality is a good way to fly for the cops.
Fun fact the place Abdesallam was caught was owned by such a municipality and rented out.  :rolleyes:

Martinus

So, Trump was right when he called Brussels a hellhole?

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Martinus on March 24, 2016, 02:58:36 AM
So, Trump was right when he called Brussels a hellhole?
nope, cause it casts hellholes into an unfavourable light...

Solmyr

Martinus

Solmyr

Quote from: Martinus on March 24, 2016, 06:23:33 AM
Quote from: Solmyr on March 24, 2016, 06:18:58 AM
And the first EU country with an asshole response is... Poland! (surprise!)

http://www.eurowire.co/immigration/poland-pm-refuses-refugees/

Damn, maybe PiS is not that bad after all.

I'm sure they'll start monitoring gays soon enough.

Grallon

Quote from: Solmyr on March 24, 2016, 07:01:27 AM
Quote from: Martinus on March 24, 2016, 06:23:33 AM
Quote from: Solmyr on March 24, 2016, 06:18:58 AM
And the first EU country with an asshole response is... Poland! (surprise!)

http://www.eurowire.co/immigration/poland-pm-refuses-refugees/

Damn, maybe PiS is not that bad after all.

I'm sure they'll start monitoring gays soon enough.

You can start using that argument when gays go about blowing metro stations and mowing down people in cafes like your Muslim friends you idiot cunt.   <_<

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Solmyr

Yeah, this current terrorism is out of control. Europe will not survive this. Clearly, everyone should panic!

Richard Hakluyt

@solmyr

Yes, I saw that chart over at the paradox forums earlier. Very thought-provoking.

A few thousand dissident Irishmen caused much more havoc in the UK than the massed might of over a billion Muslims. They are either very incompetent or their hearts are not really in it and they are too busy with mundane matters like family, education, work etc etc.

Tamas

It does put things into perspective, but I'd like to point out that handling the Irishman situation involved a heavy military military presence in the concerned Irish neighbourhoods with several bloody incidents, and a low scale civil war between parts of the civil population.

If things deteriorate to that level, it won't be confined to Belfast, it will be in almost every major city on the continent. And that's assuming the Brits (muslims and no muslims alike) know better then to set their own house on fire.

Berkut

Quote from: Tamas on March 24, 2016, 07:34:00 AM
It does put things into perspective, but I'd like to point out that handling the Irishman situation involved a heavy military military presence in the concerned Irish neighbourhoods with several bloody incidents, and a low scale civil war between parts of the civil population.

If things deteriorate to that level, it won't be confined to Belfast, it will be in almost every major city on the continent. And that's assuming the Brits (muslims and no muslims alike) know better then to set their own house on fire.

Deteriote to that level???

Are you fucking kidding me?

There is a large scale, very much NOT low scale civil war going on all over the Muslim world right now. There is an incredibly ehavy military presence in Syria, Iraq, Turkey, Afghanistan, and Pakistan at this particular moment. Not to mention Africa.

Europe (and the US) are just sideshows to this war - minor blowback.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tamas

Berkut

Quote from: Tamas on March 24, 2016, 08:32:28 AM
Yeah but I meant the European situation specifically.

OK, but that is kind of a distinction that doesn't really make sense when comparing it to the IRA.

It is like saying you want to talk about the IRA, but limit your talk to just what is happening in England, and ignoring Ireland.

There isn't really any "just Europe" view of this, when it comes to understanding attacks on Europe. There IS a large scale civil war going on within Islam right now, and it is a fucking mess. These attacks are really just sideshows to that. A way for one side to "prove" that they are the REAL jihadists...

NOT THAT ANY OF THIS HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH RELIGION OF COURSE!  :lol:
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Malthus

Quote from: Berkut on March 24, 2016, 08:44:36 AM
Quote from: Tamas on March 24, 2016, 08:32:28 AM
Yeah but I meant the European situation specifically.

OK, but that is kind of a distinction that doesn't really make sense when comparing it to the IRA.

It is like saying you want to talk about the IRA, but limit your talk to just what is happening in England, and ignoring Ireland.

There isn't really any "just Europe" view of this, when it comes to understanding attacks on Europe. There IS a large scale civil war going on within Islam right now, and it is a fucking mess. These attacks are really just sideshows to that. A way for one side to "prove" that they are the REAL jihadists...

NOT THAT ANY OF THIS HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH RELIGION OF COURSE!  :lol:

I think you are both talking about the same thing: IRA terrorism was a matter internal to Europe, because Ireland is located there: naturally, that made it more serious (to Europe).

The current mess in the ME is of course a much bigger deal than that in Ireland ever was, but as you say, Europe is just a "sideshow" to that, and is just feeling the fallout - terrorism and refugees.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius