Brexit and the waning days of the United Kingdom

Started by Josquius, February 20, 2016, 07:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How would you vote on Britain remaining in the EU?

British- Remain
12 (12%)
British - Leave
7 (7%)
Other European - Remain
21 (21%)
Other European - Leave
6 (6%)
ROTW - Remain
34 (34%)
ROTW - Leave
20 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 98

Jacob

What did the EU ever do for us? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Oor7fAmmiQ

Valmy

I was thinking a bit about the scene where the terrorists all attack each other except the Romans when it comes to the Labour Party.

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Zanza

Quote from: Valmy on June 27, 2016, 03:10:21 PM
I was thinking a bit about the scene where the terrorists all attack each other except the Romans when it comes to the Labour Party.
At the moment they remind me of Otto's suicide squad.

Sheilbh

When Corbyn promised 'some surprising names' in his new Shadow Cabinet I did half expect to find the People's Front of Judea in charge of Labour's defence policy.
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on June 27, 2016, 03:08:14 PM
What did the EU ever do for us? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Oor7fAmmiQ

I preferred this later one.

Patrick Stewart sketch: what has the ECHR ever done for us?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptfmAY6M6aA

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Agelastus

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 27, 2016, 03:20:58 PM
When Corbyn promised 'some surprising names' in his new Shadow Cabinet I did half expect to find the People's Front of Judea in charge of Labour's defence policy.

Judean People's Front, surely? SPLITTER! :P
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Sheilbh

Also for all the craziness and weirdness of British politics in these last five days I find a rally in support of a single leader the weirdest and most un-British <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Oh good, Farage went on Fox News and criticized Obama. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on June 27, 2016, 03:27:44 PM

Well he can't be blaming Obama for the referendum, his side won. :hmm:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Zanza

Quote from: Valmy on June 27, 2016, 03:28:46 PM

You can blame Obama for just about anything:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhY9Zxv1-oo

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on June 27, 2016, 03:28:46 PM

I think it was for Obama making comments in favor of remain. Bit I saw quoted was about Obama acting unseemly and Putin being on better behavior about the referendum. :D

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 27, 2016, 03:20:58 PM

In his case I'd be expecting Hamas or Hezbollah.

The Minsky Moment

Since so far Obama's comments are proving prophetic, and if anything underselling, hard to see how one could criticize.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

mongers

Our politicians or football team, who is more shittier?   :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"