News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football, 2016

Started by grumbler, February 09, 2016, 06:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

Well that was an ending full of stupidity.  Loser decision to punt, followed by a fumble at the goal line (after some defensive dumbassery) that apparently wasn't picked up fast enough by the D, so the offense was given the ball back to take a couple of knees.

Valmy

Yeah well two steps forward one step back. Shitshow of a game. I hope better things to come this season.

It was a disaster but not a OU 2012 disaster. Still time for that though :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Didn't know until yesterday that Sabin played corner in college.

alfred russel

Quote from: alfred russel on September 04, 2016, 11:28:03 PM
Quote from: Valmy on September 04, 2016, 11:22:21 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on September 04, 2016, 11:19:46 PM
Quote from: Valmy on September 04, 2016, 11:10:41 PM
Is Hunter ok? I hoped, since he kept trying to get up, that maybe it was just a precaution.

No idea, it looked like he was out cold immediately after the hit. Definitely was a bit silly. Not sure how he could have held onto the ball.

You think so? I hope not. You never want to see that.

Immediately after the hit, he was on his back with his hands slightly raised in what seemed to be the fencing response.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fencing_response

Probably a concussion serious enough to keep him out a week or two. Probably a week, since two weeks from now is Michigan State.

For those wondering, Tori Hunter was out a week against Nevada with a concussion, but was back last night against Michigan State.

Notre Dame's defense is putrid. The DC is all about blitzing and putting pressure on the QB, yet through three games I'm not sure if ND has a single sack. The run defense was humiliated last night. The secondary is really struggling to cover anyone. It will not be a pleasant season in South Bend.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

alfred russel

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 04, 2016, 11:06:16 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 04, 2016, 11:02:17 PM
Quote from: dps on September 04, 2016, 10:57:34 PM
And then one the other side, there's Norte Dame.  I respect the heck out of Norte Dame football, but I don't actually like them.

Which is why their receivers are allowed to be decapitated.  You see, the spinal cord has to be completely dislodged through the catch.   :lol:

Should have held on to the ball.

I hope you feel bad for making this comment. The guy had a concussion.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

alfred russel

In happier news, Miami looks dramatically improved from last year. They still haven't played anyone, but with 3 starting true freshmen linebackers and a team that sucked last year, the floor seemed low. I don't expect them to make the playoff or anything, and expect an ugly loss or two as the team gets into ACC play, but I'm looking forward to watching them the rest of the season. I think the team has a legit shot to go to the ACC Championship game--I'd say they are the favorite at this point from their division--and that has never happened before.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: alfred russel on September 18, 2016, 03:41:43 PM

That's not good for him, but in order to get that TD he really did need to hold on to the ball. 

I also note Seedy didn't try to throw the racism card around re: the late hit to the face Buechele took in that game that wasn't flagged either.  Funny how that works.

MadBurgerMaker

So, in case you haven't seen it, a Georgia fan was pretty excited about their W: https://twitter.com/barstooltweets/status/777383467957059584?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

MadBurgerMaker

alfred russel

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 18, 2016, 05:29:44 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on September 18, 2016, 03:41:43 PM

That's not good for him, but in order to get that TD he really did need to hold on to the ball. 

:wacko: Yeah, and if Mike Utley wanted Barry Sanders to get that first down, he really needed to finish his block.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: alfred russel on September 18, 2016, 08:12:29 PM
:wacko: Yeah, and if Mike Utley wanted Barry Sanders to get that first down, he really needed to finish his block.

I don't know why you think I should feel bad for saying someone needed to hold on to the ball in order to get a touchdown.

alfred russel

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 18, 2016, 08:14:43 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on September 18, 2016, 08:12:29 PM

I don't know why you think I should feel bad for saying someone needed to hold on to the ball in order to get a touchdown.

That isn't what you said. You said he "should have held onto the ball". He was likely physically incapable of holding onto the ball - he had a concussion.

There was no context about scoring a touchdown, nor was there in the post you were responding to, which was complaining about the officiating not calling a penalty. CdM's post was "Which is why their receivers are allowed to be decapitated.  You see, the spinal cord has to be completely dislodged through the catch." (the first sentence referring to anti ND bias alluded to in a previous post)

MadBurgerMaker

So an article just rolled across ShaggyBevo:

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2016/sep/18/questions-and-accusations-swirl-in-wsu-football-pr/

QuoteOn Thursday, Washington State University football star Robert Barber was expelled from school. A day later, the athlete was arrested by Pullman police on felony assault charges.

And at a key moment in Saturday's game against Idaho, Barber – who is allowed to play while appealing his expulsion – blocked a field-goal attempt that resulted in a 72-yard touchdown return, completely shifting the game's momentum in the Cougars' favor.

But it's the momentum that is building off the field, with 29 player arrests in the past four-plus seasons under coach Mike Leach – including two arrests Friday for alleged felony assault – that has WSU answering more questions about the hits players are delivering at parties than the ones they are delivering on the football field.

The 29 arrests with Leach as coach is a number that leads all NCAA Division I schools. In that same time frame, the Cougars have won 22 games.

Colorado actually won the 2016 Fulmer Cup, but Washington State apparently has been quietly racking up the arrests over the last few years. 

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: alfred russel on September 18, 2016, 08:23:54 PM
That isn't what you said. You said he "should have held onto the ball". He was likely physically incapable of holding onto the ball - he had a concussion.

There was no context about scoring a touchdown, nor was there in the post you were responding to, which was complaining about the officiating not calling a penalty. CdM's post was "Which is why their receivers are allowed to be decapitated.  You see, the spinal cord has to be completely dislodged through the catch." (the first sentence referring to anti ND bias alluded to in a previous post)

You might be on to something here if I had said something about being glad he got knocked out or whatever you want me to have said.  I didn't, so get over it.   The two different groups of refs decided not to call it, just like they didn't call the helmet to helmet on the Texas QB.  If there was going to be anything from that play, he needed to hold on to the ball, just like Buechele needed to not throw the INT.  Seedy going to his usual racist shit about it after ignoring the exact same thing happening to the other team is the only reason we were even kept talking about it.