And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football, 2016

Started by grumbler, February 09, 2016, 06:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: derspiess on September 11, 2016, 10:59:34 AM
Quote from: grumbler on September 11, 2016, 07:14:05 AM
Were those VT uniforms the worst you've ever seen, or the worst, period?

Who knows.  Their "special" uniforms reached such a high level of ugliness long ago that it's just tough for me to tell if they're getting worse or are just as bad.  And they should know by now that special uniform + national game = loss.

Their special uniforms were ugly, but at least had one of the team colors.  The ones in Bristol gave no indication of what team they were.

Plus, the fonts for the numbers looked way too skinny and weird.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

alfred russel

Let he whose team has not worn hideous special/throwback uniforms cast the first stone.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

grumbler

Quote from: alfred russel on September 11, 2016, 07:17:46 PM
Let he whose team has not worn hideous special/throwback uniforms cast the first stone.

That pretty much just leaves Alabama.

But VT's special uniforms for Bristol weren't hideous.  Hideous would be a big step up.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

alfred russel

Quote from: grumbler on September 11, 2016, 07:20:43 PM

That pretty much just leaves Alabama.

But VT's special uniforms for Bristol weren't hideous.  Hideous would be a big step up.

I don't think Penn State has either, but I also think a program loses any trash talking rights after the first decade its team showers are used for child rape.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Berkut

<Raises Hand>
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

grumbler

Quote from: Berkut on September 11, 2016, 09:49:32 PM

<Raises Hand>
*cough*

Bayraktar!

Berkut

I agree that ASU has shitty uniforms.  :hmm:

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

Texas' uniforms have always basically been the same though they used those silly reflective helmet stickers recently.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Quote from: Berkut on September 12, 2016, 09:00:08 AM
I agree that ASU has shitty uniforms.  :hmm:

Duh! I should have realized that google would show ASU uniforms even when i specifically search for "University of Arizona" uniforms.

Arizona seems to have done a good job.  The worst one I could find was still pretty good.

Bayraktar!

derspiess

Wait.  So there's an Arizona *and* and Arizona State?  Why do they need both?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on September 12, 2016, 09:58:27 AM

Certainly Ohio has never seen the point of having two college football teams.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on September 12, 2016, 10:01:02 AM
Quote from: derspiess on September 12, 2016, 09:58:27 AM

Certainly Ohio has never seen the point of having two college football teams.

I've seen the Bengals play and can understand Ohio's point.

Bayraktar!

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on September 12, 2016, 09:01:43 AM
Texas' uniforms have always basically been the same though they used those silly reflective helmet stickers recently.

The little logo on the front of the jersey:  :mad:

Some people don't like the "TEXAS" on the front of the jersey, but I don't really mind it.  It looked fine without it too. vOv

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 12, 2016, 10:11:43 AM
Quote from: Valmy on September 12, 2016, 09:01:43 AM

The little logo on the front of the jersey:  :mad:

Some people don't like the "TEXAS" on the front of the jersey, but I don't really mind it.  It looked fine without it too. vOv

Well if this is as far as it goes I think we will be alright.

MadBurgerMaker

:lol: He always looks bored.

E:  But yeah, the little logo there in the center makes it too busy.  It's not nutjob shit like VT or Baylor or whatever, but it would be better without it.