News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football, 2016

Started by grumbler, February 09, 2016, 06:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

You know Week #2 is normally a snoozer for most big programs.  Big Week #1 game, then the next week or two are off/OOC lowbies, then it's back to another primetimer.

alfred russel

I don't know, the UGA game was rather interesting. Oh god I wish Nichols could have gotten 3 more points - Monday would have been so much fun. The Clemson game is rather interesting too.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Quote from: alfred russel on September 10, 2016, 02:23:56 PM
I don't know, the UGA game was rather interesting. Oh god I wish Nichols could have gotten 3 more points - Monday would have been so much fun. The Clemson game is rather interesting too.

Yeah as it turned out alot of those games turned out to be interesting. Looking to be a truly wretched day for the Big 12 so far. Rock Chalk Lose-a-lot.

QuoteSeriously though, I would not be surprised if the first half ends with WVU up just 7-6.

You called it...well not exactly but you got the spirit of it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadBurgerMaker

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 10, 2016, 02:45:42 PM
Fire up Chips!   :lmfao:

Shame on Okie State man. I knew the conference would be down this year but yikes. Texas might win it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on September 10, 2016, 02:47:08 PM
Shame on Okie State man. I knew the conference would be down this year but yikes. Texas might win it.

Hopefully Pitt mudholes them next week too.

CountDeMoney

Just hoping Tulsa Doom can keep shoving around OSU.

"The ball will be found, Dr. Meyer....You won't!"

PDH

:(  Wyoming forgot there are 4 quarters.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Valmy

It seems weird watching SMU fighting on the side of truth and righteousness.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: PDH on September 10, 2016, 03:38:01 PM
:(  Wyoming forgot there are 4 quarters.

There's a little Subaru I see at the parking lot at work, with Wyoming plates and the the Cowboy logo on the fixed window on each side.  One I day I hope to meet that person.

PDH

Even in a Banana Slugs shirt, I will always root for Wyoming.  I can't help it.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

derspiess

Quote from: derspiess on September 07, 2016, 09:33:03 AM
Quote from: Valmy on September 06, 2016, 10:51:28 PM
Hey you never know if somebody is truly a contender until they show what they can do against mighty Youngstown State.

Hey, we all saw what Youngstown did to Duquesne.

Seriously though, I would not be surprised if the first half ends with WVU up just 7-6.

I wasn't too far off.  The Penguins had WVU tied 14-14 at the half :rolleyes:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on September 10, 2016, 02:39:42 PM

Yeah as it turned out alot of those games turned out to be interesting. Looking to be a truly wretched day for the Big 12 so far. Rock Chalk Lose-a-lot.

Kansas angered the football gods by firing the Mangino. The only way to break the curse is to hire another fat guy. Oh wait they did that and it didn't work? I think they are fucked forever.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

CountDeMoney

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 10, 2016, 03:23:00 PM

Stupid turnovers.  :mad:

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 10, 2016, 08:52:01 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 10, 2016, 03:23:00 PM

Stupid turnovers.  :mad:

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive