News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football, 2016

Started by grumbler, February 09, 2016, 06:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

Very tasteful. 

Did not know "At 'Em Arizona" was the ship's motto; it was also the ship's newsletter, published "wherever she may be"

https://www.nps.gov/valr/learn/historyculture/at-em-arizona-newsletter.htm

katmai

Where is lemonjello when we need em?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

alfred russel

I don't care what anyone else says about 2016; it hasn't been all bad.  :cool:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Admiral Yi

Hawks just got beat by mighty North Dakota State.  At home.  :pinch:

alfred russel

North Dakota State doesn't suck. They have been playing good football for a while. No benefit for a team like Iowa to ever schedule them.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

Valmy

North Dakota State regularly beats Iowa State and Kansas. Maybe they thought Iowa was just another bottom dweller Big 12 team. This shortly after Greg Davis proclaimed the Iowa QB the best he had ever coached, way ahead of those scrubs Vince Young and Colt McCoy.

Speaking of sucking it looks like it is the Big 10s week to suck.

Oh and Tennessee. Because Butch Jones sucks.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Hasn't North Dakota State won several championships in a row?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

PDH

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 17, 2016, 04:23:01 PM
Hasn't North Dakota State won several championships in a row?

5 in a row.

They regularly beat top division teams too...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Valmy

They are deceptive because their name sounds like some scrub. As I said they regularly terrorize the remains of the Big 12 north.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Marshall lost big to the Zips.  All those Herd fans that said 2016 was their year have suddenly become silent.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on September 17, 2016, 03:38:18 PM
Oh and Tennessee. Because Butch Jones sucks.

im not endorsing butch jones, but i dont think ohio sucks either.

dps

Quote from: derspiess on September 17, 2016, 05:36:38 PM
Marshall lost big to the Zips.  All those Herd fans that said 2016 was their year have suddenly become silent.

Anybody in their right mind should have known it's a rebuilding year for Marshall, but even in a rebuilding year they shouldn't get steamrolled by Akron. 

Speaking of steamrolled, I'm not surprised that Louisville beat Florida State, but I'm very surprised by the margin.

PDH

Wyoming won (45-22) over the mighty Aggies...of UC Davis.

Still, three games into the season the Wyoming has tied their total wins of last year!  I sense the smell of mediocrity again, instead of abjectly awful.

It is good time to be a Cowboy!
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned