Main Menu

NCAA Football, 2016

Started by grumbler, February 09, 2016, 06:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 04, 2016, 11:07:35 PM
#OnlyWhiteReceiversCanBeDefenselessInTexas

Hey man those were Notre Dame's ACC refs. #blamecarolina

I didn't think it was blatant, just bodies flying around near the ball there. But I certainly would not have been shocked if they had called it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadBurgerMaker

Watching the post game shit on LHN:  Wasn't "he's terrible with the press" the whole narrative with Charlie Strong when he was hired?  He's been just fine in every one of these that I've seen.

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on September 04, 2016, 11:10:41 PM
Is Hunter ok? I hoped, since he kept trying to get up, that maybe it was just a precaution.

No idea, it looked like he was out cold immediately after the hit. Definitely was a bit silly. Not sure how he could have held onto the ball.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on September 04, 2016, 11:17:14 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 04, 2016, 11:07:35 PM
#OnlyWhiteReceiversCanBeDefenselessInTexas

Hey man those were Notre Dame's ACC refs. #blamecarolina

#NiggaForgotToDuckThat'sAll

Valmy

Quote from: alfred russel on September 04, 2016, 11:19:46 PM
Is Hunter ok? I hoped, since he kept trying to get up, that maybe it was just a precaution.

No idea, it looked like he was out cold immediately after the hit. Definitely was a bit silly. Not sure how he could have held onto the ball.

You think so? I hope not. You never want to see that.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on September 04, 2016, 11:22:21 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on September 04, 2016, 11:19:46 PM

You think so? I hope not. You never want to see that.

Immediately after the hit, he was on his back with his hands slightly raised in what seemed to be the fencing response.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fencing_response

Probably a concussion serious enough to keep him out a week or two. Probably a week, since two weeks from now is Michigan State.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

CountDeMoney

They wanted him to stay down while they conducted concussion triage first.  He wanted to get up. 

But hey, like MBM said, catch the ball;  fuck that defenseless receiver shit, especially when you're the visiting team in Texas.  Surprised they didn't drag him behind a pickup.

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 04, 2016, 11:32:31 PM
But hey, like MBM said, fuck that defenseless receiver shit, especially when you're the visiting team in Texas. 

Again those were Notre Dame's refs, brought along for the exact reason of preventing home cooking. And Texas hardly has this reputation of producing body bag games. If anything the Texas defense moves you into Heisman contention.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 04, 2016, 11:32:31 PM
They wanted him to stay down while they conducted concussion triage first.  He wanted to get up. 

But hey, like MBM said, catch the ball;  fuck that defenseless receiver shit, especially when you're the visiting team in Texas.  Surprised they didn't drag him behind a pickup.

:lol:  You be sure to let those ACC refs know how pissed off you are at them next time you see them, okay?

MadBurgerMaker

Anyway, moving on from the hilariously racist guy here in the thread...

Charlie just showed up on the Gameday Final set.  He's a solid 2ft shorter than VY.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 04, 2016, 11:37:31 PM
:lol:  You be sure to let those ACC refs know how pissed off you are at them next time you see them, okay?

They knew what was good for them if they wanted to make it to the airport safely.  What with the holiday and all.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 04, 2016, 11:44:07 PM
They knew what was good for them if they wanted to make it to the airport safely.  What with the holiday and all.

Berkut

Does anyone want to know how my first game of the year went?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Berkut on September 04, 2016, 11:46:02 PM
Does anyone want to know how my first game of the year went?

I do.  :)    You're at the DIII level?  Or was it FCS? Something else?   I can't remember.  There are a lot of football leagues/levels.

E:  I'm p sure it was DIII. 50%. :unsure: