And we're back!

Main Menu

The king is dead?

Started by I Killed Kenny, June 25, 2009, 04:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: Neil on June 26, 2009, 11:18:30 AM
Making fun of that show is always good.

I hate all CSNCIS2x12WTFBBQ [insert U.S. city] shows.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Neil

Quote from: Syt on June 26, 2009, 11:21:34 AM
Quote from: Neil on June 26, 2009, 11:18:30 AM
Making fun of that show is always good.

I hate all CSNCIS2x12WTFBBQ [insert U.S. city] shows.
See, but that one's the best to make fun of, because David Caruso is super overdramatic.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

Interesting. :huh:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31568341/ns/entertainment-music/

QuotePolice tow car belonging to Jackson's doctor
Authorities want to speak to physician, stress he's not under investigation
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Jos Theelen

Quote from: Brazen on June 26, 2009, 08:30:09 AM
When Farrah Fawcett arrived in Heaven, God was such a big fan he decided to grant her one wish. She asked that all the children in the world could be safe. So God killed Michael Jackson.

:lmfao:

jimmy olsen

MTV had a color barrier? Wow, I never knew that.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31567490/ns/entertainment-music/
Quote"Thriller's" first single was the deceptively easygoing duet with Paul McCartney, "The Girl Is Mine." Sure it sounds like a lounge ballad now, but since it showcased singers from different races pledging their love to a woman, its allusions to an interracial affair were pretty daring.

Jackson was just getting started breaking boundaries. The next two singles, "Billie Jean" and "Beat It," brought both social consciousness and rock guitar to the dance floor. It was then that his career started to really explode. These songs both spent several weeks at No. 1 and broke MTV's "color barrier" (the channel had previously refused to play African-American artists, claiming it was a "rock station").

1 Karma Chameleon point

derspiess

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 26, 2009, 12:55:49 PM
MTV had a color barrier? Wow, I never knew that.

Only in an MSNBC writer's imagination. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Anywho, the public mourning has been both annoying & amusing.  Not as much as with the whole Diana thing, of course.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Neil

Quote from: derspiess on June 26, 2009, 01:16:07 PM
Anywho, the public mourning has been both annoying & amusing.  Not as much as with the whole Diana thing, of course.
Has their been a lot of public mourning?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

Quote from: Neil on June 26, 2009, 01:17:46 PM

Seems like it.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Neil on June 26, 2009, 01:17:46 PM
Quote from: derspiess on June 26, 2009, 01:16:07 PM
No, but there has been a lot of public mourning.
PDH!

jimmy olsen

Damn! :o

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31570429/ns/business-us_business/
QuoteSold out! Fans snapping up Jackson music
Singer's death triggers massive sales of CDs, DVDs, books

updated 25 minutes ago

NEW YORK - Michael Jackson's death has led to skyrocketing sales of his music and videos online.

After the pop icon's death was announced Thursday, Amazon.com sold out within minutes all CDs by Michael Jackson and the Jackson 5. That comes Friday from vice president of music and video Bill Carr.

Carr says 60 percent of Amazon's CD orders Thursday were for Michael Jackson music, something he called "stunning."

And Barnes and Noble said that its Web site and stores are currently sold out of most Jackson CDs, DVDs and books.

Both companies say they are working to get the products back in stock.

Copyright 2009 The Associated Press

1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

I was thinking last night that, while MJ might have been close to broke prior to his death, his estate sure as fuck won't be due to all the fanbois going nuts over his shit.  That is, it sure as fuck won't be till the family gets its hands on it.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

um, don't be so shocked, Tim.  this kinda shit happens when most celebs die.  :huh:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points