And we're back!

Main Menu

The king is dead?

Started by I Killed Kenny, June 25, 2009, 04:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

Quote from: Weatherman on June 25, 2009, 11:25:53 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 25, 2009, 09:10:52 PM
You should have seen the Good Old Boys down at the bar I was at. They were high fiving each other over the news. In their opinion the real Jackson had been dead since 1992.

That the gay bar you go to?
Good Old Boys are the House Band

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Weatherman on June 25, 2009, 11:25:53 PM
You should have seen the Good Old Boys down at the bar I was at. They were high fiving each other over the news. In their opinion the real Jackson had been dead since 1992.

That the gay bar you go to?
Old rednecks and assorted blue collar workers, the same you can find at almost every bar.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

Heard it on the morning news. I love when days start with good news. Finally he's been put out of  his misery and we are saved from his hideous grimace that used to be a face,
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Well, they have a point.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Martinus

Quote from: Neil on June 25, 2009, 06:03:53 PM
Quote from: Martinus on June 25, 2009, 05:49:46 PM
Quote from: Neil on June 25, 2009, 05:45:11 PM
Quote from: Grallon on June 25, 2009, 05:34:17 PM
The King is dead!  Long live the King! (Hawt Justin  :perv:)
Don't be ridiculous.  Timberlake is nothing next to what Jackson was at his height.  Timberlake is still in his ex-girlfriend's shadow, in terms of sales, and neither one of them even come close to Jackson's massive worldwide success.

I gotta agree with Neil ( OMG  :huh: ). I find Justin very hot and wish him the best, but he is nowhere near the fame Michael Jackson had, imo. In fact, Jackson was probably the only male pop singer after Elvis (not counting bands here) who had the fame rivaling that of pop female divas.
I can't think of a pop diva who has been close to Jackson's level of fame.  Whitney Houston or Celine Dion were big, but not like he was.

Uhm, Madonna. Hello? Kylie is also big this side of the pond.

Martinus

Quote from: Caliga on June 25, 2009, 07:03:04 PM
Quote from: Josephus on June 25, 2009, 06:54:58 PM
I was no big fan of Jacko and I'm still miffed he upstaged Farrah in death BUT i will defend him and say something I've been saying for years:

I don't think Wacko was a pedo in the way we think of them. I think Wacko was a nut job, a sort of Peter Pan, who never grew up (any coincidence he named his place Neverland?). He wanted young boys over for sleep overs, but in the way we all did when we were kids.  I am convinced he never was malicious in anyway to kids.
I think he was probably a very confused homosexual or actually transgendered, but yeah I would tend to agree with you.

He was a fucking pedophile. Of all people, you shouldn't be the one spewing the bullshit about the pedo - GLBT link. Jesus.  :rolleyes:

Zanza

Quote from: Martinus on June 26, 2009, 12:26:19 AMUhm, Madonna. Hello? Kylie is also big this side of the pond.
Madonna sold 200 million discs to Jackson's 750 million - and that's not even considering that she had roughly twice his active time. But at least she is approaching his zombie-like appearance.

Kleves

Looks like grallon will have to cancel his pre-order of Jackson's If I Did It... illustrated pop-up book.  :(
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Weatherman

Quote from: Kleves on June 26, 2009, 12:51:32 AM
Looks like grallon will have to cancel his pre-order of Jackson's If I Did It... illustrated pop-up book.  :(

:XD:

Jaron

Ridiculous. Michael Jackson wasn't a pedo, might have been gay or confused as its been said, but if he'd been a real pedophile they'd have locked his scary ass up once he was broke.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

The Larch

Now Bubbles will be able to regain some dignity.

Brazen

Didn't expect a heart attack. I thought he'd die having a stroke in the children's ward...

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: The Larch on June 26, 2009, 03:15:45 AM
Now Bubbles will be able to regain some dignity.

The Elephant Man's bones can finally rest in peace.

Caliga

Quote from: Martinus on June 26, 2009, 12:36:46 AMHe was a fucking pedophile. Of all people, you shouldn't be the one spewing the bullshit about the pedo - GLBT link. Jesus.  :rolleyes:
:blink:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Now who will Black America have to look up to as an icon?