News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The king is dead?

Started by I Killed Kenny, June 25, 2009, 04:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

The news orgs are all starting to confirm his death now (CNN is holding off until they can independently confirm).
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josquius

He's not dead, he has merely been placed in the golden throne.
██████
██████
██████

stjaba

R.I.P.

First Farrah Fawcett, then Michael Jackson. Everyone knows that celebrities die in threes. If I was in the entertainment industry, I'd watching my back.

Neil

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on June 25, 2009, 05:25:51 PM
At least a generation of young boys is safe from his ranch.
No need to be hard on him just because he was gay.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grallon

The King is dead!  Long live the King! (Hawt Justin  :perv:)

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: stjaba on June 25, 2009, 05:31:22 PM
R.I.P.

First Farrah Fawcett, then Michael Jackson. Everyone knows that celebrities die in threes. If I was in the entertainment industry, I'd watching my back.

Ed McMahon
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

HisMajestyBOB

:cry: RIP Michael. Sure, he was a total wacko, but damn could he sign and dance.

Quote from: Martinus on June 25, 2009, 05:01:02 PM
Quote from: DGuller on June 25, 2009, 04:51:59 PM
Google News only says that he was found not breathing by paramedics. 

His transformation to lichdom is complete. :ph34r:

:lol: That's horrible.
Quote from: stjaba on June 25, 2009, 05:31:22 PM
R.I.P.

Let's preempt fate and kill Uwe Boll.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

stjaba

In other news,

Latimes.com is loading very slowly.

I quick look at the broadcast networks shows that NBC is going to have a special 2 hour Dateline on the deaths Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson tonight, while CBS and ABC are covering other stories, at least for the moment. The cable networks have wall to wall Michael Jackson coverage. I have a feeling we will be hearing about this for the next 2 weeks, at least.

Donna Brazile on CNN sounds like she is on the verge of tears. Michael Jackson was a great entertainer, sure, but did he really embody "Love?"

Neil

Quote from: Grallon on June 25, 2009, 05:34:17 PM
Don't be ridiculous.  Timberlake is nothing next to what Jackson was at his height.  Timberlake is still in his ex-girlfriend's shadow, in terms of sales, and neither one of them even come close to Jackson's massive worldwide success.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on June 25, 2009, 05:25:51 PM
At least a generation of young boys is safe from his ranch.

No shit.
Adios, kiddiefucker.

Martinus

Quote from: Neil on June 25, 2009, 05:45:11 PM
Quote from: Grallon on June 25, 2009, 05:34:17 PM
Don't be ridiculous.  Timberlake is nothing next to what Jackson was at his height.  Timberlake is still in his ex-girlfriend's shadow, in terms of sales, and neither one of them even come close to Jackson's massive worldwide success.

I gotta agree with Neil ( OMG  :huh: ). I find Justin very hot and wish him the best, but he is nowhere near the fame Michael Jackson had, imo. In fact, Jackson was probably the only male pop singer after Elvis (not counting bands here) who had the fame rivaling that of pop female divas.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Martinus

Quote from: stjaba on June 25, 2009, 05:44:43 PM
Donna Brazile on CNN sounds like she is on the verge of tears. Michael Jackson was a great entertainer, sure, but did he really embody "Love?"

Well, love that dares not to speak its name (after you buy it off), at least. :P

Kleves

:cry:
He's molesting little angels in heaven now.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Martinus

Quote from: Kleves on June 25, 2009, 05:53:28 PM
:cry:
He's molesting angels in heaven now.
:XD:

We are all very bad people. :P