News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The king is dead?

Started by I Killed Kenny, June 25, 2009, 04:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: derspiess on June 27, 2009, 03:28:05 PM
So J.J. Jackson wasn't an uncle tom then, not that anyone here younger than me will know who that was :D
He musta been a white dude in blackface, because the pinheads insist there was a "color barrier" on MTV before Michael Jackson.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Jaron

Quote from: grumbler on June 27, 2009, 05:17:39 PM
Quote from: Jaron on June 27, 2009, 03:25:39 PM
Why don't you make me a list of white performers MTV played and let us compare the two. If there were 7-8 black performers being played and dozens of white, then I would say a color barrier existed.
You would say... poorly.

You want a list, make one!

YOU make one. You're the one claiming MTV was Civil Rights television. Now prove your point or GTFO my face.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

grumbler

Quote from: Jaron on June 27, 2009, 05:39:32 PM
YOU make one. You're the one claiming MTV was Civil Rights television. Now prove your point or GTFO my face.
I don't need one.  I already provided the list of "black" peformers who were on MTV befroe MJ, thus demonstrating that he didn't "break the color barrier."  You wanna disprove that, you have to provide evidence like I did.

My point: proven.
Your point: mere uninformed assertion.
Winner: me.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Palisadoes

Why do people care that a paedo is dead? Will Gary Glitter get the same tributes?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Palisadoes on June 27, 2009, 09:19:03 PM
Why do people care that a paedo is dead? Will Gary Glitter get the same tributes?
Are you retarded or something? He's the biggest star in the country's history, who grew up while the nation watched on TV from age 11 until his descent into madness. Of course people are going to care.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Palisadoes

Who are you on about: Jacko or Glitter?  :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I liked a lot of his music and thought he was talented during his height (truly brilliant performer), but he just ended up being a crazy lunatic paedophile (why pay people off if you weren't guilty?).

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Palisadoes on June 27, 2009, 09:26:07 PM
Who are you on about: Jacko or Glitter?  :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I liked a lot of his music and thought he was talented during his height (truly brilliant performer), but he just ended up being a crazy lunatic paedophile (why pay people off if you weren't guilty?).
Let me see, who grew up on American tv from age 11, lets see... :rolleyes:

Of course I'm talking about Jackson, Glitter is a nonentity in comparison.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Palisadoes

I guessed. It was clearly Jacko (since Glitter isn't dead... yet!).

But still... why do people care about a paedo? Please spare the "he wasn't convicted" rubbish - if you had to pay millions out of court to settle something then you clearly did something wrong.

Scipio

Quote from: Palisadoes on June 27, 2009, 09:34:35 PM

But still... why do people care about a paedo? Please spare the "he wasn't convicted" rubbish - if you had to pay millions out of court to settle something then you clearly did something wrong.
For the same reason that people still care about Wagner.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Palisadoes on June 27, 2009, 09:34:35 PM

Compare it to the OJ situation. The majority of people turned on him even though he was acquitted. As you note with Jackson a far larger amount of people retained affection for him. This is just a guess on my part but I think that one reason is that people view Jackson as being mental ill while they think OJ had control of his faculties and is just a cold blooded killer.

Secondly as I mentioned before, he grew up in the spotlight, so many people remember with fondness him as a cute kid preforming on TV. They're going to cut slack to a person they identify with like that.

1 Karma Chameleon point

derspiess

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 27, 2009, 09:23:37 PM
Are you retarded or something? He's the biggest star in the country's history, who grew up while the nation watched on TV from age 11 until his descent into madness. Of course people are going to care.

It's sad that the same people don't seem to care about the likelihood that he was a pedophile who did horrible things to kids.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

jimmy olsen

Quote from: derspiess on June 27, 2009, 09:51:08 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 27, 2009, 09:23:37 PM

It's sad that the same people don't seem to care about the likelihood that he was a pedophile who did horrible things to kids.
I think the magnitude of the fall just makes him more interesting to alot of people.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Grey Fox

Quote from: Palisadoes on June 27, 2009, 09:19:03 PM

Who? no he won't.

Also Because he's the King.

Retconner.  :rolleyes:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

PRC

The song Thriller has great beats.

The Brain

He did display a disturbing interest in little kids. OTOH if there is one person who seems unlikely to have ever A) attempted intercourse or B) succeeded in such an attempt it's Jacko. And not only because of his huge emotional problems. His nose fell off what 3-4 times? I doubt his penis was any luckier.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.