News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The king is dead?

Started by I Killed Kenny, June 25, 2009, 04:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

Don't feel bad, Mono. Chinese people aren't known for their dancing.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Monoriu on June 29, 2009, 10:54:43 PM
I saw a youtube video about MJ dancing.  First time I watched him dance for more than a few seconds.  I know next to zilch about dancing but I finished watching with the impression that he was really, really good.  The question "is this humanly possible" popped up a few times in my head.
Was it just clips of his or a whole performance?

This is greatest live performance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VASYhabHkM

And of course there's Thriller. Skip ahead to 4:40 to get to the music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtyJbIOZjS8
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 29, 2009, 09:39:28 PM
Supposedly Jackson left his kids a catalog of 200 unreleased songs.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31628166/ns/entertainment-gossip/
If it's music that he wrote himself, it's going to be garbage.  Jacko was an amazing singer and dancer, but he was also a barely literate moron.  I'm not sure that he ever had any kind of actual schooling, and you can tell from listening to him in interviews that he was a total dumbass.  Not 100% sure but I think all of his famous music was written for him.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Savonarola

Quote from: Monoriu on June 29, 2009, 10:54:43 PM
I saw a youtube video about MJ dancing.  First time I watched him dance for more than a few seconds.  I know next to zilch about dancing but I finished watching with the impression that he was really, really good.  The question "is this humanly possible" popped up a few times in my head.

In "Smooth Criminal" he used steel cables to lean forward so far; otherwise I think everything else he did was done without any help.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Savonarola

Quote from: Caliga on June 30, 2009, 05:40:57 AM
If it's music that he wrote himself, it's going to be garbage.  Jacko was an amazing singer and dancer, but he was also a barely literate moron.  I'm not sure that he ever had any kind of actual schooling, and you can tell from listening to him in interviews that he was a total dumbass.  Not 100% sure but I think all of his famous music was written for him.

He wrote Beat It, Billy Jean and The Girl is Mine on Thriller and nearly everything on Bad.  I don't know about his later albums.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Caliga

:huh: For some reason I thought the guy who wrote 'Thriller' wrote 'Beat It' and 'Billie Jean' too.  Oops  :blush:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

ulmont

Quote from: Savonarola on June 30, 2009, 05:58:04 AM
In "Smooth Criminal" he used steel cables to lean forward so far; otherwise I think everything else he did was done without any help.

Special shoes.  The patent is here: http://www.google.com/patents?vid=USPAT5255452

Jaron

Quote from: Caliga on June 30, 2009, 05:40:57 AM

False.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Phillip V

I watched the videos for Beat It, Thriller, and Billy Jean for the first time a few days ago. Now, I can't stop watching them.

Jaron

Martinus

:lol:

This could be such a clever stunt. "Shit, we have no money. The guy was totally penniless. Ok, let's write 200 songs and pretend they were his."

Incidentally, for people who think that IP is the same as real property and piracy is theft - shouldn't it work the other way round as well? I mean, if he left his kids a pot of gold, his estate's debtors would be able to recover their debts from it. So shouldn't the same apply to proceeds from his unreleased songs as well? :P

Martinus

Phillip V

What are none of his kids brown?  :mad:

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.