News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Jacob on April 05, 2016, 04:35:34 PM
Double space after a period was the standard when typewriters were the norm. Now that kerning and font choice are super easy, single space has (mostly) become the norm. Specific style guides may call for double space, but that's been disappearing this last five to ten years.

Fuck them.  They can't break me.

PDH

I still use two commas in a list of three.  I like it, it works, and it helps with clarity.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

CountDeMoney

Quote from: PDH on April 05, 2016, 06:54:29 PM
I still use two commas in a list of three.  I like it, it works, and it helps with clarity.

It's a shame you felt your sentence needed the help.

DGuller

I went to some random page to read the story I googled, on a very reputable site, and on the bottom, in the clickbait bank, out of 8 ads, four were about someone's net worth.  One will shock me, two will blow me away, and one will drop my jaw.   :hmm:  This Internet thing is getting a bit polluted, I think.

Eddie Teach

It's very shocking indeed how quickly MC Hammer went through his funds.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Phillip V

The Gap: Clothing Retailer Apologizes for Advertisement Criticized as Racist

crazy canuck

Quote from: DGuller on April 05, 2016, 09:47:40 PM
I went to some random page to read the story I googled, on a very reputable site, and on the bottom, in the clickbait bank, out of 8 ads, four were about someone's net worth.  One will shock me, two will blow me away, and one will drop my jaw.   :hmm:  This Internet thing is getting a bit polluted, I think.

That was well done, witty, and amusing.

Eddie Teach

Why is that racist? Because the black girl is frowning?  :huh:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Phillip V on April 05, 2016, 11:20:07 PM
The Gap: Clothing Retailer Apologizes for Advertisement Criticized as Racist

Ew, gross. Put some shoes on.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Tonitrus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 05, 2016, 11:26:58 PM
Why is that racist? Because the black girl is frowning?  :huh:

Probably because tall white girl is parking her privilege on top of her head.

Josquius

But poor white kid isn't even allowed to be right way up :(
██████
██████
██████

Maladict

I'm voting on the EU-Ukraine treaty today. :bleeding:

garbon

Quote from: mongers on April 05, 2016, 06:00:04 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on April 05, 2016, 05:47:01 PM
Quote from: mongers on April 05, 2016, 04:37:10 PM
I like one space before a question mark, because it looks better and I make my own rules, OK ?

How French of you.  :frog:

I'll take that as a compliment.  :bowler:

I find it very annoying. I constantly have to fix what my French employees have written so my Danish clients don't call out the abuse of punctuation. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Quote from: Maladict on April 06, 2016, 02:19:48 AM

Wtf. I didn't get to vote on it.  :huh:

Also, from what I heard the Dutch are going to reject it. But I guess they are used to suck Putin's cock. Like the last time when he shot down a plane full of their fellow Dutch - they barely let out a peep.

Liep

Quote from: Maladict on April 06, 2016, 02:19:48 AM

Someone's regretting that silly law about national votes now. :P
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk