The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maladict

Quote from: Martinus on April 06, 2016, 03:12:01 AM
Quote from: Maladict on April 06, 2016, 02:19:48 AM
I'm voting on the EU-Ukraine treaty today. :bleeding:

Wtf. I didn't get to vote on it.  :huh:

Also, from what I heard the Dutch are going to reject it. But I guess they are used to suck Putin's cock. Like the last time when he shot down a plane full of their fellow Dutch - they barely let out a peep.

I guess our populist scum is more inventive? That's just great.

About the plane, I'll have you know our PM issued a strongly worded statement about looking into it or something.   :P
But seriously, they're close to identifying who pulled the trigger, but even when they take it to the international court nothing is going to happen.

Maladict

Quote from: Liep on April 06, 2016, 03:48:39 AM
Quote from: Maladict on April 06, 2016, 02:19:48 AM
I'm voting on the EU-Ukraine treaty today. :bleeding:

Someone's regretting that silly law about national votes now. :P

I've always disliked referendums. I can sort of see the ones about Scotland or Quebec, but this is just ridiculous.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: mongers on April 05, 2016, 06:00:04 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on April 05, 2016, 05:47:01 PM
Quote from: mongers on April 05, 2016, 04:37:10 PM
I like one space before a question mark, because it looks better and I make my own rules, OK ?

How French of you.  :frog:

I'll take that as a compliment.  :bowler:

Meant this way. :)

Monoriu

Quote from: Maladict on April 06, 2016, 04:06:52 AM

I've always disliked referendums. I can sort of see the ones about Scotland or Quebec, but this is just ridiculous.

This problem can be solved by not voting :contract:

Maladict

Quote from: Monoriu on April 06, 2016, 04:23:39 AM

It could be, but the turnout threshold is only 30% and it will likely be higher than that.
But I am holding out until this evening in case there is a chance they won't make it.

Liep

I read that it only needs 30% of the total voters voting to be approved which means that 16% of the Dutch voters could potentially decide the future of Ukraine.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Maladict

Quote from: Liep on April 06, 2016, 04:35:44 AM

I read that it only needs 30% of the total voters voting to be approved which means that 16% of the Dutch voters could potentially decide the future of Ukraine.

Even worse, although it's only an advisory referendum several of the big political parties are so desperate for votes that they stated they will consider the outcome binding. :bleeding:

Liep

Quote from: Maladict on April 06, 2016, 04:35:06 AM

It could be, but the turnout threshold is only 30% and it will likely be higher than that.
But I am holding out until this evening in case there is a chance they won't make it.

I hear turnout is just around 12% now.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josquius

Lol.
That's what they get for a referendum  on something dumb.

So the default choice is don't accept it and make things awkward for the rest of Europe?
██████
██████
██████

Maladict

Quote from: Liep on April 06, 2016, 09:27:18 AM

I hear turnout is just around 12% now.

There's no national turnout figure available, only a few cities keep track. Hard to tell at this point.

Maladict

Quote from: Tyr on April 06, 2016, 10:29:31 AM
Lol.
That's what they get for a referendum  on something dumb.

So the default choice is don't accept it and make things awkward for the rest of Europe?

There is very little in the actual agreement that any sane person would object to, but it's not really about the treaty.
Just a chance for frustrated people to stick it to the politicians.

Maladict

Exit poll:
turnout 29% +/- 3%
63% votes no.

Valmy

Quote from: Maladict on April 06, 2016, 02:03:32 PM
63% votes no.

Oh FFS. Why?

QuoteJust a chance for frustrated people to stick it to the politicians.

All this peace and prosperity and technological advancement is filling Westerners with RAGE. For reasons.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Maladict

Quote from: Valmy on April 06, 2016, 02:09:53 PM
Quote from: Maladict on April 06, 2016, 02:03:32 PM
63% votes no.

Oh FFS. Why?

QuoteJust a chance for frustrated people to stick it to the politicians.

All this peace and prosperity and technological advancement is filling Westerners with RAGE. For reasons.

I'm stumped why it's so overwhelmingly no. No-voters tend to be lazy, the weather was pretty bad, and still almost two thirds vote against.

Turnout has been adjusted to an (unofficial) 32% :bleeding: