News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

So what the hell is wrong with Mahlsdorf? Is that by the sewage treatment plant or something?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on February 12, 2016, 10:16:36 AM
I mean, realistically, if half of what Mono says is true, Hong Kong is the worst.

I would say Dubai is the worst.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Liep

First Danish band since Aqua to top the British Single Charts list is Lucas Graham who did it today with "7 Years". It's better than Aqua for sure so can we just erase "Barbie Girl" from our collective memory now?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josquius

No. Charts don't exist now.
Well. They technically do.
But not really.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Liep on February 12, 2016, 02:32:35 PM
"7 Years".

Oh god, I hate that song. Another reason to dislike Denmark. First reason - Novo Nordisk.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

What's wrong with Novo Nordisk? :huh:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on February 12, 2016, 10:20:46 AM
Quote from: Liep on February 12, 2016, 09:46:34 AM
NY is cheaper than I thought.

Rent Control distorts those averages.

http://streeteasy.com/for-rent/manhattan

I think that's a mistake to call out rent control for Manhattan given that it isn't all that common compared to other places. I had rent control in SF but never even had rent control in NYC.

One thing to keep in mind with Manhattan is that you actually have a lot of places (like Harlem, Alphabet City and portions of the Lower East Side that are still a bit crap and not as expensive.

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Liep on February 12, 2016, 02:40:21 PM
What's wrong with Novo Nordisk? :huh:

I'd have a lot less stress in my life if they weren't one of my clients.

Liep

I think they're the 2nd or 3rd biggest tax payer here, so I'm fine with them stressing you out a bit. :P

garbon

Quote from: Liep on February 12, 2016, 02:46:56 PM
I think they're the 2nd or 3rd biggest tax payer here, so I'm fine with them stressing you out a bit. :P

I think you misunderstand me if you are calling it 'a bit'. ;)

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

I've just woke up and for some (no) reason the back of my neck hurts like hell  :(
██████
██████
██████

PDH

Quote from: Tyr on February 13, 2016, 02:56:23 AM
I've just woke up and for some (no) reason the back of my neck hurts like hell  :(

Shy vampires.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

garbon

I wish someone would come up with a better algorithm for targeted ads. I don't really need to see ads for things I've already purchased.

I also like how I bought glasses at Lenscrafters this Christmas (only 7 years after I lost my first/last pair -_-) and now they continue to email me about their sales on glasses. Can't I get even a 6 month grace period? <_<