News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on February 10, 2016, 09:54:10 AM
I thought the 'ze, zir' pronouns were for gender fluid people. Why wouldn't a trans woman use female pronouns? So glad I am old enough to not have to worry about this sort of thing.

Too old to do the polite thing and use the personal pronouns that someone has told you they prefer used for them?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on February 10, 2016, 09:56:12 AM
I thought the 'ze, zir' pronouns were for gender fluid people. Why wouldn't a trans woman use female pronouns? So glad I am old enough to not have to worry about this sort of thing.

Too old to do the polite thing and use the personal pronouns that someone has told you they prefer used for them?

Yes I am a horrible person who hates people and wants to be rude constantly. That is exactly what I was saying :lol:

Oh FFS dude. Really?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on February 10, 2016, 09:59:26 AM
Quote from: garbon on February 10, 2016, 09:56:12 AM

Yes I am a horrible person who hates people and wants to be rude constantly. That is exactly what I was saying :lol:

Oh FFS dude. Really?

:hug:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

It puts the lotion on the skin, or else it gets the hose again.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on February 10, 2016, 10:00:28 AM

I have a hard enough time keeping people's names straight. All I ask is there be basic rules that are clear and easy to remember. Having everybody have their own unique pronouns strikes me as a nightmare.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

garbon

I don't know many people who have asked me to use specific pronouns for them so I think it really isn't that hard. (Actually I don't know anyone at this time.)

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on February 10, 2016, 10:04:14 AM
I don't know many people who have asked me to use specific pronouns for them so I think it really isn't that hard. (Actually I don't know anyone at this time.)

Well yeah but we are adults. Even the people who would like different pronouns are not going to get into a big snit over it because people we know are basically mature and know who they are. In a college environment though...*shiver*.

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on February 10, 2016, 10:09:36 AM

Well yeah but we are adults. Even the people who would like different pronouns are not going to get into a big snit over it because people we know are basically mature and know who they are. In a college environment though...*shiver*.

I think you'd just ignore them. I wouldn't bother talking to someone like that unless they gave me a reason to put up with their snowflakeness. -_-

Person noted in blurb I copied - would not communicate with that one.

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on February 10, 2016, 10:11:22 AM
Quote from: Valmy on February 10, 2016, 10:09:36 AM

I think you'd just ignore them. I wouldn't bother talking to someone like that unless they gave me a reason to put up with their snowflakeness. -_-

Person noted in blurb I copied - would not communicate with that one.

Yeah, I have a unique pronoun for that person - "nutcase".  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on February 10, 2016, 10:01:39 AM
Quote from: garbon on February 10, 2016, 10:00:28 AM

I have a hard enough time keeping people's names straight. All I ask is there be basic rules that are clear and easy to remember. Having everybody have their own unique pronouns strikes me as a nightmare.

I'm okay with just, "your excellency".
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on February 10, 2016, 11:17:32 AM

Just put it in your sig so I can remember.

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on February 10, 2016, 11:18:27 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on February 10, 2016, 11:17:32 AM

Just put it in your sig so I can remember.

I expect everyone to be polite and just remember it.  Until next month, and then maybe I'll change it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Zanza

The original user "Languish" turned up in Paradox OT and sends his regards.

lustindarkness

Quote from: Zanza on February 10, 2016, 01:09:34 PM
The original user "Languish" turned up in Paradox OT and sends his regards.

Cool, he should pop in here. He would be so proud of us... well, he should drop in anyway.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

garbon

Made an impulse purchase and off to see Eddie Izzard tomorrow night! :w00t: