News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maladict

US observation #2: Philadelphia is a really cool town.
Also, first dreadnought sighting  :w00t:

Admiral Yi

Mal, what ethnicity is your squeeze?

Maladict

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 20, 2015, 09:24:59 PM
Mal, what ethnicity is your squeeze?

She is of the Caucasian persuasion.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Maladict on December 20, 2015, 09:27:35 PM

That is a race not an ethnicity.  What country did her ancestors come from.

Maladict

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 20, 2015, 09:31:46 PM
Quote from: Maladict on December 20, 2015, 09:27:35 PM

That is a race not an ethnicity.  What country did her ancestors come from.

Sorry, misread that. Not from the Caucasus, but English and Irish.
I think they came over in the late 1800s.

Razgovory

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 18, 2015, 08:29:49 PM
How much is the bill?

600 bucks.  God only knows what the Electric bill will be.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

A useful guide for Languishites:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

Look, Star Wars can even usher a mildly funny SNL skit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16_BEVusSHU

Razgovory

I went to see Star Wars and coming back I saw SWAT van barreling down the road.  Hopefully nothing bad is going on.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on December 21, 2015, 01:52:39 PM
I went to see Star Wars and coming back I saw SWAT van barreling down the road.  Hopefully nothing bad is going on.

There's a Sith apprentice loose in your neighborhood.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 21, 2015, 02:01:10 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on December 21, 2015, 01:52:39 PM

There's a Sith apprentice loose in your neighborhood.

Well we passed him so, he was going toward the mall and I was going home.  I'm just hoping there isn't some crazed shooter out there.

Eddie Teach

The ability to propel tiny bits of lead through a person's body is insignificant next to the power of the force.  :sleep:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 21, 2015, 02:40:03 PM
The ability to propel tiny bits of lead through a person's body is insignificant next to the power of the force.  :sleep:

Turned out to be some violent felon from North Dakota or something.  Police got a tip, put him under observation and called in the big guns.  Gave Jerry something to do for the afternoon.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on December 17, 2015, 09:52:46 AM
Quote from: garbon on December 17, 2015, 09:47:50 AM
Exactly. And oh btw, as some from a border state, I don't really use the term with some malicious intent. Illegal immigrants play a big role in economies like California (and thus the US) and I wish we could get serious on a plan that would confirm with the realities of the situation we are in (aka they are coming so how do we make sure they are then not exploited/can be integrated into society).

Yep. But that went nowhere. That was actually something I was foolishly hopeful Dubya was going to do something about, back when I thought the Republicans were about rational policies.

He did try, congress just wouldn't play ball.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 21, 2015, 09:49:55 PM
He did try, congress just wouldn't play ball.

Well I thought it was going to be more of a priority and would be done early on when he had a strong mandate. Instead it came later. Ah well. I just remember back to those exciting times when Republican victories seemed like promising developments.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."