And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maladict

Quote from: Caliga on December 25, 2015, 08:19:40 AM
Quote from: Maladict on December 24, 2015, 10:15:08 AM
US observation #4: Boalsburg mansion & Columbus chapel in Boalsburg, PA is a must visit for any Languishite.
Given the fact that my family used to own a campground about 15 miles from there, I'm embarassed I've never heard of this place. :Embarrass:

It's a treasure trove unlike anything I've ever seen. The director said most visitors are from abroad and even people living in the town don't know about it.

Maladict

US observation #5: I am wearing a Christmas sweater.

Josquius

I got over that one by convincing my mam to buy me a nordic jumper instead. At least then it's useful for a broader swathe of the year.
██████
██████
██████

Caliga

Quote from: Maladict on December 25, 2015, 12:23:06 PM
It's a treasure trove unlike anything I've ever seen. The director said most visitors are from abroad and even people living in the town don't know about it.
*Googles*

Oh yeah, I know about this place... just didn't know what it was called.  Sadly I never visited back when we owned that place nearby, and nowadays I'm never in that part of Pennsylvania ever, so I'm sure I'll never visit now.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

How unusual that two posters out of like 60 have parents who own/owned camp grounds.

Caliga

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 25, 2015, 06:39:24 PM
How unusual that two posters out of like 60 have parents who own/owned camp grounds.
:huh: I didn't know there was anyone other than me.

Admiral Yi

Caliga

Interesting.  I was not aware of that. :)

Maladict

Quote from: Caliga on December 25, 2015, 06:34:38 PM
Quote from: Maladict on December 25, 2015, 12:23:06 PM
*Googles*

Oh yeah, I know about this place... just didn't know what it was called.  Sadly I never visited back when we owned that place nearby, and nowadays I'm never in that part of Pennsylvania ever, so I'm sure I'll never visit now.

We travelled 4 hours to get there, totally worth it.
As an added bonus, across the road are two 14" guns from USS Pennsylvania.

Razgovory

I really think that less people would believe in conspiracy theories if we taught epistemology at the high school level. :(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

Vienna has had twice as many murders in 2015 so far as in 2014, 20 vs. 10.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Quote from: Syt on December 27, 2015, 04:43:23 PM

It's become Chicago.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

DGuller

Not surprising.  With gun rights being highly suppressed in Europe, it's no wonder that murder rate is skyrocketing.

mongers

Quote from: DGuller on December 27, 2015, 06:46:50 PM
Not surprising.  With gun rights being highly suppressed in Europe, it's no wonder that murder rate is skyrocketing.

[Trump]

QFT.

[/Trump]
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"