News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

alfred russel

Quote from: Syt on December 27, 2015, 04:43:23 PM
Vienna has had twice as many murders in 2015 so far as in 2014, 20 vs. 10.

I can assure you that my visit had nothing to do with this, and any questions you may have should be addressed to my attorney.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Admiral Yi

Read in the NYT that the local minwage increases in NYC and LA county start at $10.50 this coming year and reach $15 by 2020.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

MadImmortalMan

They should have indexed the minimum wage to inflation from the beginning. It would probably be significantly higher now.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

lustindarkness

I wonder if the local IMAX will let me plug in my PS4 and play a few hours. :hmmm:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

MadImmortalMan

These Liberty Mutual commercials with people whining in front of the statue of liberty are annoying.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 28, 2015, 05:09:51 PM
These Liberty Mutual commercials with people whining in front of the statue of liberty are annoying.

And stupid.

MadImmortalMan

We went hiking in showshoes at the lake yesterday. It's pretty crowded there with all the snow. I bet Mt Rose, Heavenly, Squaw Valley, Northstar, Boreal and all the other ski resorts are raking it in right now though. Got some great winter pics from the ridgeline.

Zanza

Put them in the "out and about" thread.

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Liep

Okay, that was pretty good. :D
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

It's been the Year of the Trump

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk