News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

QuoteThe smog in China is so bad that people are actually buying bottled air from Canada

http://www.techinsider.io/canadian-startup-sells-canned-air-china-2015-12

Mel Brooks was a visionary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiabeNR_q0U

Brazen

Josquius

I was only on holiday 2 1/2 weeks but it seems so much has changed.

- The buildings opposite me that have been covered in scaffolding since I moved in a year ago...suddenly have no scaffolding.
- The train schedule which has been consistent for as long as I remember has suddenly changed by a few minutes for each train.
- The train I took to go home was all shiny and new.
- So damn dark in the morning.
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

Damn my brother in law-is-stupid.  He hasn't paid his water bill for an entire year.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on December 18, 2015, 05:08:50 PM
Damn my brother in law-is-stupid.  He hasn't paid his water bill for an entire year.

Maybe Canada will give him water.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 18, 2015, 05:13:39 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on December 18, 2015, 05:08:50 PM

Maybe Canada will give him water.

My sister was given the bill which she passed on to my dad who is not happy.  My brother-in-law has moved out but doesn't want to get a divorce.  No need to get lawyers involved, now my sister is being presented with all of his bills.  The fact that she hasn't gotten lawyer and separated from him yet doesn't speak well of her intellect.  Frankly, this is why kneecapping was invented.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on December 18, 2015, 06:44:38 PM
My sister was given the bill which she passed on to my dad who is not happy.  My brother-in-law has moved out but doesn't want to get a divorce.  No need to get lawyers involved, now my sister is being presented with all of his bills.  The fact that she hasn't gotten lawyer and separated from him yet doesn't speak well of her intellect.  Frankly, this is why kneecapping was invented.

It still wouldn't hurt to ask.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

As part of Christmas, I bought all the kids lightsabers. I bought one for myself in case the little shits turn on me.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 18, 2015, 08:58:55 PM
As part of Christmas, I bought all the kids lightsabers. I bought one for myself in case the little shits turn on me.

I bought our boys light Sabres for Christmas. :shifty:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Duque de Bragança

Crossroad of the world gets high-speed train, at last!
Links to Madrid and to France through Barcelona so quite a detour from the shorter Basque route.

http://www.railjournal.com/index.php/high-speed/spain-opens-olmedo-zamora-high-speed-line.html?channel=523

QuoteRENFE started commercial service in the Olmedo - Zamora section of the Madrid - Galicia high - speed line on December 17 with a single return service which will cut travel time for the 232km Madrid - Zamora trip by 22 minutes to 1h 33min.

Existing Madrid - Galicia Alvia trains will continue to use the conventional line until the end of the winter holiday season in January, when these services will transfer to the new line.

The line is also used by a new Madrid - Salamanca Alvia service, which uses both the Madrid - Olmedo - Medina standard-gauge line, and the Iberian-gauge Medina - Salamanca route, which has been electrified for this purpose. Three return Alvia services will operate each day via this route, reducing the journey time by an hour compared with the more direct (but much slower) Madrid - Avila - Salamanca conventional line, which is only partially electrified.

The Olmedo - Zamora high-speed line is 98.6km long with double-track on the first and last 21.6km and 9.2km stretches. The entire line is designed for double-track, although the 68.2km central section has only a single track with one passing loop.

Like the Valladolid - Palencia - León line, which opened on September 30, the new line enters commercial service without ETCS as the interoperable system is still being installed. The Spanish Asfa ATP system, widely deployed on the Spanish high-speed network as a backup, will be used in the interim and the maximum speed will therefore be restricted to 200km/h.

Civil works included a total of 15 viaducts, the longest being the 874m bridge over the Trabancos river (874m), although the line does not have any tunnels.

The Olmedo - Zamora line opened to traffic just one day after tickets went on sale, and was not officially inaugurated as the Spanish Law bans such ceremonies in the run-up to a general election, which is due to take place on December 20.

Zanza

Berlin had 5000 political protest marches this year.

mongers

Quote from: Zanza on December 19, 2015, 09:34:09 AM
Berlin had 5000 political protest marches this year.

That's 5000/0 better than none.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Brain

QuoteUsing IRA funds is a great way to start a boutique vineyard.

Afternoon TV is weirding out on me. :wacko:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.