Tonitrus

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 15, 2015, 02:49:01 PM
Never. Lost. a. War.

The San Juan Islands are still ours, dammit.  :mad:

George Pickett's finest hour!

Iormlund

Quote from: Iormlund on October 02, 2015, 06:29:23 AM
Quote from: Iormlund on October 02, 2015, 12:56:35 AM
Landed a final interview at a huge Tier 1, in my hometown. Got here somehow despite not fulfilling any of the requirements listed in the job offer. Not even one. :huh:

Got to be there with the heads of HR and Engineering in two hours. If I somehow make it work, I'll come back home, with a new career path, great salary and working conditions.

I have absolutely no idea of how that went.  :hmm:

Turns out it went pretty well. Got back home today. Starting tomorrow. Didn't sit that well with my previous employer, but that was to be expected.

Jaron

Quote from: Iormlund on November 15, 2015, 02:56:57 PM
Landed a final interview at a huge Tier 1, in my hometown. Got here somehow despite not fulfilling any of the requirements listed in the job offer. Not even one. :huh:

Got to be there with the heads of HR and Engineering in two hours. If I somehow make it work, I'll come back home, with a new career path, great salary and working conditions.

Turns out it went pretty well. Got back home today. Starting tomorrow. Didn't sit that well with my previous employer, but that was to be expected.

Congratulations!
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Savonarola

Quote from: Iormlund on November 15, 2015, 02:56:57 PM

Congratulations :cheers:  What Industry will you be working in?
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Iormlund

Still in automotive. Just switched roles.

Before I worked at integrators developing [fairly complex] machinery. I'll be in process engineering now. A big part of it will be to deal with integrators, supervising projects such as those I developed in the past. So it won't be entirely new territory.

Savonarola

Quote from: Iormlund on November 15, 2015, 03:12:42 PM

Before I worked at integrators developing [fairly complex] machinery. I'll be in process engineering now. A big part of it will be to deal with integrators, supervising projects such as those I developed in the past. So it won't be entirely new territory.

Okay, I might have had to make some quick edits if it had been radio.   ;)

Will you be travelling as much as you had been before?
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Zanza

Congratulations to the new job! :showoff: Finally no longer working for pesky Germans, too.  :P

Iormlund

Quote from: Zanza on November 15, 2015, 03:22:09 PM
Congratulations to the new job! :showoff: Finally no longer working for pesky Germans, too.  :P

I'll miss the woods. Germany is such a beautiful country. Pity it's full of Germans. Most of them are so dull.

Our European HQ is over there, though. So there's still chance I'll visit. And of course my bro lives in Berlin.

Quote from: Savonarola on November 15, 2015, 03:15:01 PM
Quote from: Iormlund on November 15, 2015, 03:12:42 PM

Okay, I might have had to make some quick edits if it had been radio.   ;)

Will you be travelling as much as you had been before?

No. Just about 5% of my time. As opposed to about 70-80% in the last year and a half.  :wacko:

Pretty big change. One of the main reasons I switched jobs (although they doubled my net hourly salary, which didn't hurt  :P).

It always feels really weird going back to Spain. Like I'm living some sort of double life, shifting between parallel universes. Everything is still the same back home. People are louder, out on the streets, and for some reason they insist on speaking Spanish instead of German, Polish or English. The weather is warm(er). Even my Web Browser tabs are frozen in time, waiting for me to return. This time it feels even weirder since I am not going back out.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Eddie Teach

Yep. And that was a tie anyway.

Though I suppose they can claim credit for it if they're ok with having lost the American Revolution, and in Grey Fox's case, the French & Indian War.

Grey Fox

Canada has only 3 war. Korea, WWI & WWII.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Eddie Teach

Grey Fox

I am not sure that it counts.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk