And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Print media :pope:

NME.
Even 10 years ago it was the music magazine for cool people. What it said mattered. It ruled the music world. Has been for decades. In recent years though it has been faltering; its price sharply rising, its readership faltering, its quality...less good.
A few months ago....they decided to go free. Available to pick up from a few music shops, student unions, etc.... They changed their focus to be more generl a media magazine. Oh deer
This week they finally died.
Long has a place on the NME cover been a major mark of a band having made it. If not being superstars at least being indie cool.
Who is on the cover this week? Justin Freaking Bieber
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Well, of course. If it is going to be a magazine that gets handed out at tube stations...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

The moment a friend you thought was quite sane posts an article on Facebook about the poison that is Aspartame (did you know that it was developed by the CIA to weaponize it?) ...

:bleeding:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

We're living in the future. Two years ago, when I got my Samsung Galaxy S4, I was already impressed by it synchronizing with my Google account. I'm now switching to an S6, and during set up it asks me if I want to transfer my settings/data/apps from my old phone to the new one. Don't mind if I do.  :cool:

Also, at the LEGO store today - they have a camera/screen there that works like a mirror. But you can hold a LEGO box in front of it, and it will show you the finished model true to scale superimposed on your "reflection" and you can tilt/turn the box to look at the LEGO model from all sides. This augmented reality shit still feels like something out of Star Trek.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Grey Fox

I wish UFC and boxing fights weren't so fucking late.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Grey Fox

That's right. We never lost a war.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tonitrus

Grey Fox