News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Well, you live in Canada.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Quote from: Syt on October 28, 2015, 09:42:36 AM
Well, you live in Canada.

That said, when I lost my wallet in NYC, someone took it into the local police station with all my credit cards and cash still in it. Of course, I'd already cancelled all my credit and debit cards. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on October 28, 2015, 09:34:16 AM
So last night coming home I made a mad sprint for a bus.  Made it, but sat down and went "uh oh" - my iPhone was missing.

So as soon as I got home I got in my van and drove back to that spot, hoping to find where it had fallen out.  No luck.

But... my wife calls my cell, and someone answers it!  They had found it and picked it up, hoping someone would call.

A quick drive over and I get my iPhone back.

There are nice people in the world.  :)

:hug:

I do that. My gf once found a phone who belong to a ~15 year old. Kid was very happy to get it back. He didn't look like he was looking forward to having to explain to his parents how he lost a 700$ phone the day after he got it.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

Jesus!
That was... horrific.
I just opened a jar of cocktail sausages, their date says next year and all looks normal... but the sheer stench that came from them! Something was deeply wrong. Poking them with a fork...they're completely lacking any integrity.
I've purged them. They're outside. But the smell...it lingers in my entire apartment.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Liep

That's what you get for eating cocktail sausages. At least, maybe, you won't get cancer now.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Brain

Quote from: Tyr on October 28, 2015, 03:11:38 PM
Jesus!
That was... horrific.
I just opened a jar of cocktail sausages, their date says next year and all looks normal... but the sheer stench that came from them! Something was deeply wrong. Poking them with a fork...they're completely lacking any integrity.
I've purged them. They're outside. But the smell...it lingers in my entire apartment.

Reminds me of a Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay adventure I GM'd featuring a sausage maker and devotees of Nurgle. :x
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

Quote from: Liep on October 28, 2015, 03:16:43 PM
That's what you get for eating cocktail sausages. At least, maybe, you won't get cancer now.
I might get nose cancer :x
██████
██████
██████

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

lustindarkness

I have figured out the reason the windows in this building don't open. So I won't throw this crappy computer out the window. :frusty: :bash: :grr:

I can't work right now, but the interwebs works.  :)
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Syt on October 29, 2015, 10:00:29 AM

Should have posted this in the Berkut rants about religion thread.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tamas

OMG :D A mexican band which likes Hungarian folk music wanted played this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=149&v=YlOb80elXfo

Guy sings in Hungarian but there is Spanish subtitles.

Too bad you won't appreciate the accent :D :D But it is a very nice and humbling effort from the singer guy.

This is the original (well, already a cover of a rock song itself), if interested:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6RaU9n4ZuI

Razgovory

I bow out of a thread, and so Grumbler can say whatever he wants without people pointing out it is factually wrong. :(  He claims that all suicide bomber were people who believed in the afterlife, but this seems unlikely since Suicide bombings were reported in Vietnam occasionally and were heavily used by the Tamil Tigers, who were a Leninist outfit.  It's possible that all these attacks were in fact perpetrated by closet Theists, but it is unlikely.  The modern Islamic strategy of using suicide vests taken from directly from a secularist insurgency.  I guess I'm truly need here.  :cry:
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould