The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 31, 2015, 01:31:28 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 30, 2015, 10:05:13 PM
Congrats. :cheers:

What do you do, btw?

He works for a Provo tech shop that maintains systems for the NSA.

That's not super far off, but I don't work for the NSA and my company moved out of Provo. :P  I think there is some kind of NSA office nearby though. It's up in the hills a bit.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Jaron

Quote from: Valmy on October 30, 2015, 09:57:05 PM
Quote from: Jaron on October 30, 2015, 09:54:25 PM
Annual review was today. I got a HUGE raise!  :showoff: :w00t:

:w00t:

Congrats J! It seems like just yesterday you were working at JiB :cry:

Yeah, it's kinda funny. It was 10 years ago I quit Jib. I worked there from 2001-2005. I can't believe it was that long ago. Those were fun days and I remember them with some fondness but at the same time I'm really glad my graveyard days of working in drive thrus and flipping hamburgers is over.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Syt

What are you flipping now?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

The Brain

Quote from: Razgovory on October 30, 2015, 10:19:23 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 30, 2015, 08:53:41 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 30, 2015, 06:06:04 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 30, 2015, 04:56:47 PM
I don't think Hindu is considered an ethnic group.

Well, you have two choices then. Amend your thinking or continue to be incorrect.

Nah. There are many different ethnic groups in India and members may be Hindu, Muslim, or something else entirely.

And the term "Hindu" is a blanket term to cover all none Muslim or Christian peoples in India.  While there is a religious element to it, it's not required, like being a Jew.  You can be a Hindu and an Atheist.

Muslim and Christian are ethnicities now?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

My Lord Humungus costume was a hit at the halloween party. The ladies loved my leather hot pants.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

I hate haloween for many reasons. I particularly don't do costumes. It is just so wasteful and environmentally irresponsible.
Nonetheless my friends are pressuring me that I have to do something.
I need a cheat.
Something where I can say I am wearing a costume without actually wearing anything.
The maximum direction I will go in is some sort of badge or something attached to my clothes.
Drawing on my face tends to produce an unpleasant reaction so that shall not be done.
:hmm:

Shrodningers underpants? Am I wearing them or am I not? You don't know until I drop my jeans?
██████
██████
██████

Liep

You British so I assume you have a Bowler. Then make this sign:

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

You could draw inspirations from Jim's low key costumes on The Office:

http://www.officetally.com/jim-halpert-halloween-costumes

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

If you have a bath robe, pajamas, and a towel you could go as Arthur Dent.
—Stephen Jay Gould

lustindarkness

environmentally irresponsible?  :lmfao:

Red polo shirt and khaki pants, Jake from State Farm.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Zanza

Quote from: Tyr on October 31, 2015, 09:13:31 AM
Something where I can say I am wearing a costume without actually wearing anything.
Adam in Paradise

Josquius

When my dad game to visit he left his anorak.
I was thinking of going as a flasher.
But thats a bit too daring and sort of defeats the point. :p
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on October 30, 2015, 11:00:55 PM
Depends if they are of the Hindu ethnic group or not.  If not, it might be a shock, if so then probably not.  They learned that fact a long time ago since the term "Hindu" starting being used in the West to describe the myriad peoples of India.

I have never heard Hindu used to describe everybody in India before. But even if you are right what does that have to do with anything? The Chinese calling people in the US something does not impact us at all.

Sometimes Hindi speakers get lumped as an ethnic group maybe you are thinking of that?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."