News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Now I realize why Hindus always remind me of Albertans.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

On the flipside, I've really no problem with people deciding as years pass that a response to a situation should change.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 30, 2015, 04:56:47 PM
I don't think Hindu is considered an ethnic group.

Well, you have two choices then. Amend your thinking or continue to be incorrect.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

I still am outraged about how the promise of an afterlife was used to stop people from masturbating for centuries.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

I guess in pre-modern society not masturbating makes sense, its a waste of calories.
Also people tended to live communally. Everybody hates THAT GUY.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on October 30, 2015, 07:34:41 PM
I guess in pre-modern society not masturbating makes sense, its a waste of calories.
Also people tended to live communally. Everybody hates THAT GUY.

Diogenes?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on October 30, 2015, 06:06:04 PM

Well, you have two choices then. Amend your thinking or continue to be incorrect.

Nah. There are many different ethnic groups in India and members may be Hindu, Muslim, or something else entirely.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jaron

Annual review was today. I got a HUGE raise!  :showoff: :w00t:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Valmy

Quote from: Jaron on October 30, 2015, 09:54:25 PM

:w00t:

Congrats J! It seems like just yesterday you were working at JiB :cry:

Eddie Teach

Congrats. :cheers:

What do you do, btw?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 30, 2015, 08:53:41 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 30, 2015, 06:06:04 PM

Nah. There are many different ethnic groups in India and members may be Hindu, Muslim, or something else entirely.

And the term "Hindu" is a blanket term to cover all none Muslim or Christian peoples in India.  While there is a religious element to it, it's not required, like being a Jew.  You can be a Hindu and an Atheist.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on October 30, 2015, 10:19:23 PM
And the term "Hindu" is a blanket term to cover all none Muslim or Christian peoples in India.

It will sure be a shock to the Sikhs when they learn this fact.

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on October 30, 2015, 10:21:37 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 30, 2015, 10:19:23 PM
And the term "Hindu" is a blanket term to cover all none Muslim or Christian peoples in India.

It will sure be a shock to the Sikhs when they learn this fact.

Depends if they are of the Hindu ethnic group or not.  If not, it might be a shock, if so then probably not.  They learned that fact a long time ago since the term "Hindu" starting being used in the West to describe the myriad peoples of India.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 30, 2015, 10:05:13 PM

What do you do, btw?

He works for a Provo tech shop that maintains systems for the NSA.

Jaron

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 30, 2015, 10:05:13 PM

What do you do, btw?

Nowadays I'm working in software development. I don't program, but I do the software architecture and manage a team of Indian engineers who implement those designs.
Winner of THE grumbler point.