██████
██████

Liep

Quote from: Tyr on October 31, 2015, 01:51:08 PM
I love these clown pranks.
Happy haloween:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSm3uGf-0OY

Though this being America....what if one of the victims had a gun? :hmm:

Those are unusually cruel. I hope they get sued. Fuck clowns.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Admiral Yi

The victims look very much to be actors.

Tonitrus

Yeah...especially with the whole police car bit, if these were legit pranks they'd be in trouble with law enforcement pretty quick.

DGuller

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on October 31, 2015, 01:11:15 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 30, 2015, 11:00:55 PM
Depends if they are of the Hindu ethnic group or not.  If not, it might be a shock, if so then probably not.  They learned that fact a long time ago since the term "Hindu" starting being used in the West to describe the myriad peoples of India.

I have never heard Hindu used to describe everybody in India before. But even if you are right what does that have to do with anything? The Chinese calling people in the US something does not impact us at all.

Sometimes Hindi speakers get lumped as an ethnic group maybe you are thinking of that?

That's being Hindu doesn't necessarily mean religious.  It was originally directed to Grumbler, who has now amended his statement to mean, well nothing in particular actually just banal statement of that someone was building an argument.  Not if the argument had any validity just that it existed, and if you read anything else you are just weaseling.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on October 31, 2015, 09:13:31 AM
I particularly don't do costumes. It is just so wasteful and environmentally irresponsible.

:lmfao:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

Quote from: Tyr on October 31, 2015, 09:13:31 AM

I need a cheat.
Something where I can say I am wearing a costume without actually wearing anything.

Take off everything and go as "The Streak". Or "The Emperor in his New Clothes".  :)

As a bonus, it is environmentally responsible!
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

mongers

I wonder where the Fitness 2015 thread has got to ?

Wanders off with ground radar equipment to hand.  :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

lustindarkness

Great, now some articles coming out that Antarctica has more ice, so we can discuss climate in circles some more. :rolleyes:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Razgovory

I was watching the movie Enemy, and good God, Toronto is an ugly city.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Malthus

Quote from: Razgovory on November 02, 2015, 04:24:25 PM

It's the giant spiders. We have a problem with 'em.  :(

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Razgovory

Quote from: Malthus on November 02, 2015, 05:04:23 PM

Giant spider I can take.  It's the concrete high rise apartments.  Did you guys hire Mono to design them?  It's like someone designed building to dehumanize people.

Malthus

Quote from: Razgovory on November 02, 2015, 05:13:18 PM
Quote from: Malthus on November 02, 2015, 05:04:23 PM

Giant spider I can take.  It's the concrete high rise apartments.  Did you guys hire Mono to design them?  It's like someone designed building to dehumanize people.

The director was filming a movie about psychological horror and alienation, so he deliberately chose "alienating" locations to shoot.

QuoteVilleneuve transforms the city into a place we both recognize and don't. In one moment, it's bland and ordinary; in the next, it's alienating and nightmarish. When Adam ventures to Mississauga, he passes those Marilyn Monroe condos, the buildings' sensuous bows and curves appearing sci-fi and strange, like an apartment complex designed by Salvador Dalí. Elsewhere, Villeneuve shoots interlaced streetcar wires from a low angle, like they're the web of some enormous arachnid terrorizing the streets. Then he shows that arachnid: a SkyDome-size tarantula stalking the lakeshore. It's unclear how the giant tarantula fits into the film's grander logic. Is it the cause of Adam's restless nights? Is it the bad dream of a sleepy city? In Enemy, meaning seems irrelevant: all Villeneuve cares about is making Toronto sinister.

It comes as a welcome change. Over the past few years, we've seen Toronto ­portrayed postcard-pretty in films like Chloe and Take This Waltz. It was great to see Liam Neeson stroll through Allan ­Gardens, or to share in Michelle Williams' giddiness as she crests towards bliss on the Centre Island Scrambler. But Villeneuve offers a refreshingly menacing alternative to that sugary wonderland, set against a backdrop of foreboding apartment blocks and a soundtrack of grinding, screeching streetcars.

http://torontolife.com/culture/denis-villeneuve-director-enemy/

It probably isn't the best idea to take one's opinion of a city from a surreal psychological horror movie ...  :hmm:

Razgovory

My impression of Hong Kong is surreal psychological horror and that's just from reading what Mono writes.