And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savonarola

Quote from: Josephus on August 17, 2015, 04:35:41 PM
Quote from: Savonarola on August 15, 2015, 02:36:26 PM
I went to Radio Shack today to get some parts: a serial to USB interface, serial port plugs and 24 gauge wire.  I told the clerk what I was looking for he went :huh: and immediately went to the back and wheeled out the old employee that they have to talk to engineers.

Their selection has really deteriorated since bankruptcy; but at least they didn't grill me for information at check out.

thanks for putting this fourm on the FBI watch

Meh, if we weren't already on a watch list someone at the FBI isn't doing his job.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

lustindarkness

We keep the FBI and NSA entertained.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Grey Fox

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 31, 2015, 02:57:12 PM
Any particular reason you're doing this GF?

I have reached a point in my life where a significant gesture needs to be made about the commitment between myself & my significant other.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

mongers

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 31, 2015, 07:28:32 PM

I have reached a point in my life where a significant gesture needs to be made about the commitment between myself & my significant other.

What about a friendly handshake? :unsure:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

So you flipped a coin between marriage and matching ass tattoos and it came up marriage?    :P

Grey Fox

I don't know if we will get married. It's a lot of money that I do not have.

Admiral Yi

Asoka.  So you got rings, not ring-rings.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 31, 2015, 07:58:15 PM

http://www.justice.gouv.qc.ca/english/publications/generale/tarifs-a.htm#marriage

QuoteAt the courthouse (by the court clerk) $268 (plus taxes)

Well that is outrageous.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 31, 2015, 08:51:13 PM
Asoka.  So you got rings, not ring-rings.

No, I got ring-rings. I'm asking the question.

Valmy

Vas-tu demander en Anglais et Francais dans l'esprit du bilinguisme canadien?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

alfred russel

More significant than having two kids?  :P
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Barrister

This is a pet peeve of mine.  Getting married does not have to cost a lot of money!  As pointed out, the ceremony itself is dirt cheap.  After that it's just a party, where you can spend as much, or as little, as you want (Tracy and I spent very little, though that was due to a whole pile of Tracy's family coming forward to cook food etc.).

Good luck GF - reading between the lines it sounds like you and the soon-to-be-missus are going through a rough patch.  Hope you make it through. :hug:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Barrister on August 31, 2015, 11:27:29 PM
As pointed out, the ceremony itself is dirt cheap.

I don't think that was pointed out.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Quote from: Barrister on August 31, 2015, 11:27:29 PM

This is a pet peeve of mine.  Getting married does not have to cost a lot of money!  As pointed out, the ceremony itself is dirt cheap.  After that it's just a party, where you can spend as much, or as little, as you want (Tracy and I spent very little, though that was due to a whole pile of Tracy's family coming forward to cook food etc.).

Good luck GF - reading between the lines it sounds like you and the soon-to-be-missus are going through a rough patch.  Hope you make it through. :hug:

Correction- as much as the wife to be can squeeze out of everyone.
██████
██████
██████

Brazen

I think my wedding cost £36. I got my outfit from a charity shop, then we had a house party. We didn't ask for gifts but received several and ended up with a net profit. If it's about commitment and not the clothes and party, I recommend doing it on vacation when other parties' expectations won't overly influence things.*

* NB this advice if brought to you by a divorcee :P