News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Quote from: Zanza on August 02, 2015, 02:40:41 PM
I am just looking into a trip to Patagonia. One of the things I stumbled over was the possibility of a two-day trip to Antarctica via plane... :hmm:

Probably airplane.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Zanza

Eddie Teach

I think Lusti liked it so much he went back.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Zanza

Angela Merkel has announced that she wants to run for chancellor again in 2017. The latest poll shows that her party could win an absolute majority, the first on the federal level since Adenauer won 1957.

alfred russel

I am just looking into a trip to Patagonia. One of the things I stumbled over was the possibility of a two-day trip to Antarctica via plane... :hmm:

Which part? I'm thinking of going this year too (I've been to the Santa Cruz province of Argentina a couple of times--want to go there again and Torres del Paine in Chile).
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

katmai

WOuld love to hear what you find/think about doing, I'm looking to go down there this winter as well.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Syt

Headlines from left to right:
- Dozens dead in Kabul attack
- Many dead in Moscow train wreck
- Germans pay too much for suasage
:hmm:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Monoriu

Quote from: Syt on August 03, 2015, 03:16:29 AM

Headlines from left to right:
- Dozens dead in Kabul attack
- Many dead in Moscow train wreck
- Germans pay too much for suasage
:hmm:

Sausage is serious business in Germany  :mad:

Zanza

Quote from: alfred russel on August 02, 2015, 10:34:55 PM
Which part? I'm thinking of going this year too (I've been to the Santa Cruz province of Argentina a couple of times--want to go there again and Torres del Paine in Chile).
I plan to go to Torres del Paine as well as the region around El Chalten and El Calafate.

I have about seven weeks (end of November to mid of January), so I'll travel to other places in Argentina and Chile (maybe also Uruguay or Bolivia) as well.

Zanza

Quote from: katmai on August 02, 2015, 11:47:16 PM
WOuld love to hear what you find/think about doing, I'm looking to go down there this winter as well.
The flight to Antarctica that I found from Punta Arenas is way too expensive for me ($6500 for a two day trip).  :blink: I can travel for several weeks for that kind of money.

The Larch

Quote from: Zanza on August 03, 2015, 05:29:38 AM
Quote from: katmai on August 02, 2015, 11:47:16 PM
The flight to Antarctica that I found from Punta Arenas is way too expensive for me ($6500 for a two day trip).  :blink: I can travel for several weeks for that kind of money.

That'd be a seriously cool trip, but it's friggin' expensive and there have been calls to limit touristic trips to Anctartica (mostly those that go in boats) because of their environmental impact.

celedhring

Guy I know went there to shoot a documentary and showed me a few of the tapes when he came back. Utterly fascinating place. I would love to go someday...

Liep

Just done servicing my bike. I couldn't find any YouTube DIY videos that used as much duct tape as I had to to stop various objects from rattling. :unsure:

It's a really smooth ride now though. :cool:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

celedhring

My bike rattles a lot when I switch to the larger gear. I should try to service it myself instead of having the bike repair guy rob me.

Liep

Quote from: celedhring on August 03, 2015, 07:53:14 AM
My bike rattles a lot when I switch to the larger gear. I should try to service it myself instead of having the bike repair guy rob me.

I liked this guy's videos, the bikes he uses to demonstrate are sufficiently old to resemble my city bike. :D

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaAK2FaxQ2xiBbAUVZsvDYQ
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk