And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Liep on July 30, 2015, 02:25:15 AM
How rude.

Seriously.  Those refugees should get their own damned rides.  Or at least chip in some gas money.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Josquius

This is cool:

Any idea on the meaning?

[spoiler]5% of the world's population in blue, 5% of the world's population in red[/spoiler]
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Countries who's names sound closest to "Bangladesh."

The Brain

Results of gerrymandering?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote from: The Brain on July 30, 2015, 09:48:33 AM
Results of gerrymandering?

THat is one heck of an electoral district.

'I represent the people of the empty places of five continents and their old fashioned common sense values.'
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

celedhring

That map goes a bit too far in just selecting the emptiest places on Earth for the blue zone.

Grey Fox

You can cut 90% of the Canadian blue & still get 5% of the world population.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

The more succient version is the India-China circle.
But this one is new.
██████
██████
██████

alfred russel

Quote from: celedhring on July 30, 2015, 09:55:24 AM
That map goes a bit too far in just selecting the emptiest places on Earth for the blue zone.

It will blow the mind of people that don't know about Canada being cold, Siberia, the Sahara Desert, the Amazon rainforest, and the Namib desert.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Malthus

Quote from: celedhring on July 30, 2015, 09:55:24 AM

It is also using a map projection that makes places in the far north look unnaturally huge compared to places on the equator.   ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Valmy

I never did understand why Greenland was not it's own continent being so much larger than South America or Australia.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Liep

Quote from: Valmy on July 30, 2015, 10:38:23 AM
I never did understand why Greenland was not it's own continent being so much larger than South America or Australia.

They kill too many whales, the Internet would go crazy if we gave them that title.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Valmy on July 30, 2015, 10:38:23 AM

Mercator lied to you about its size.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)