News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Giving some thought to a Eurotrip of my own this summer.  Unfortunately the only time I have free is August.  Maybe a long week in Amsterdam, perhaps a quick ferry over to Blighty.  Day trip to Arnhem.

Ed Anger

Languish invades Europe
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: Caliga on May 30, 2015, 06:55:32 PM
:yes: My grandparents met at a wedding.

Ah, the days of arranged marriage.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

sbr

I hate to admit it to the public, but I am addicted to the show Married at First Sight.  :blush:

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Quote from: HVC on May 30, 2015, 06:49:06 PM
Quote from: Tyr on May 30, 2015, 09:42:21 AM
Jeez weddings are ungodly dull.
Must remember not to go to another
being single at a wedding is fun. Being in a relationship makes them dull and or unnerving depending on your level of fear of commitment
:blink:
What?

Being single at a wedding makes them even lamer I would imagine (never been in a couple at one). The entire day is about a couple, you're surrounded by couples and old people you've not seen forever asking why you don't have a girlfriend.

Really. That was one of the dullest things I have endured for a long time. Quite depressing really. Not because of the loneliness/not having hot laid for a few months/approaching a year with a presentable girl, but to see people dancing and enjoying such crap.
██████
██████
██████

Liep

Quote from: Tyr on May 31, 2015, 02:41:55 AM
Quote from: HVC on May 30, 2015, 06:49:06 PM
Quote from: Tyr on May 30, 2015, 09:42:21 AM
Jeez weddings are ungodly dull.
Must remember not to go to another
being single at a wedding is fun. Being in a relationship makes them dull and or unnerving depending on your level of fear of commitment
:blink:
What?

Being single at a wedding makes them even lamer I would imagine (never been in a couple at one). The entire day is about a couple, you're surrounded by couples and old people you've not seen forever asking why you don't have a girlfriend.

Really. That was one of the dullest things I have endured for a long time. Quite depressing really. Not because of the loneliness/not having hot laid for a few months/approaching a year with a presentable girl, but to see people dancing and enjoying such crap.

The first wedding in history with only one single. That's very cruel, you should stop being friends with that couple.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Tonitrus

Iormlund

Yep.

Looks too much like work, as well.

Though perhaps that's because of what I do for a living.

Josquius

Quote from: Liep on May 31, 2015, 02:48:01 AM

The first wedding in history with only one single. That's very cruel, you should stop being friends with that couple.
I wasn't the only single person, I counted a few others that I knew of.
But that doesn't really change anything. Weddings are inherently couples and old people focused events.
██████
██████
██████

Liep

Quote from: Tyr on May 31, 2015, 05:34:32 AM
Quote from: Liep on May 31, 2015, 02:48:01 AM

I wasn't the only single person, I counted a few others that I knew of.
But that doesn't really change anything. Weddings are inherently couples and old people focused events.

How so? There's free booze, food, music, plenty of conversation time when the ceremonies are over. I've never been bored at a wedding.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Ed Anger

And bridesmaids to hit on.

Josquius

Free booze? I wish. Never seen that at a wedding. It's usually pretty expensive as you're a trapped audience

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 31, 2015, 07:12:28 AM
And bridesmaids to hit on.
:bleeding:
Paedo I am not.
██████
██████
██████

Ed Anger

Kids as bridesmaids? Ugh.

Caliga

I love weddings.  Exception: Southern Baptist weddings.  "Having fun: SINFUL" :bleeding:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points