Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Grey Fox

Quote from: chipwich on May 29, 2015, 04:19:06 PM
Is it proper decorum that The Queen not sing God Save the Queen? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3dR7u7TPNo

Probably, you dont sing happy birthday to yourself.

The shifty eyes at the minute mark was a nice touch.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

alfred russel

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 29, 2015, 10:13:38 PM
Quote from: chipwich on May 29, 2015, 04:19:06 PM
Is it proper decorum that The Queen not sing God Save the Queen? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3dR7u7TPNo

Probably, you dont sing happy birthday to yourself.

The shifty eyes at the minute mark was a nice touch.

Prince Charles was singing through clenched teeth.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

MadImmortalMan

So I'm in Boise, I happen to be wearing a Nevada Wolfpack shirt today, it's Friday night and there's a Twin Peaks right across the parking lot from my hotel. Would that be trolling?  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

MadImmortalMan

No bikes in the parking lot. I think it's safe.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Caliga on May 29, 2015, 03:30:15 PM
Wow, that's pretty damn good.  I thought after face transplants people still looked sort of fucked up.
Yeah, that's way better than any I've seen before. They really are improving by leaps and bounds. Still looks a bit homely, but it's a natural homeliness that you'd assume he was born with.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tonitrus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 29, 2015, 11:00:57 PM
Wow, that's pretty damn good.  I thought after face transplants people still looked sort of fucked up.
Yeah, that's way better than any I've seen before. They really are improving by leaps and bounds. Still looks a bit homely, but it's a natural homeliness that you'd assume he was born with.

Yeah, but it can also be hard to tell from a still pic.  There are usually also problems with the face looking "dead", and lacking  natural animation and would make it look much worse in person.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tonitrus on May 29, 2015, 11:40:39 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 29, 2015, 11:00:57 PM

Yeah, but it can also be hard to tell from a still pic.  There are usually also problems with the face looking "dead", and lacking  natural animation and would make it look much worse in person.
You're right, but it's still way better than previous attempts at reconstruction, let alone the poor guy's face before the operation.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Zanza

Ed Anger

Still not as gross as that Panara Bread commercial with the chick eating the salad.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

Jeez weddings are ungodly dull.
Must remember not to go to another
██████
██████
██████

garbon

You are doing them wrong.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

Quote from: Tyr on May 30, 2015, 09:42:21 AM
Jeez weddings are ungodly dull.
Must remember not to go to another
being single at a wedding is fun. Being in a relationship makes them dull and or unnerving depending on your level of fear of commitment
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Caliga

:yes: My grandparents met at a wedding.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points