Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: derspiess on April 17, 2015, 09:49:16 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on April 17, 2015, 06:22:19 AM
Living through a wonderful slow burning hangover today :bleeding: :weep:

They get worse as you get older.  The only way to win is not to play.  Or take the day off :D
Do not go gentle into that good night!
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on April 17, 2015, 01:22:52 PM
Non-reproductive sex with your wife?
What's the point in that. Sheesh.

Our past reproductive sex sessions surprisingly led to physical discomfort my wife would prefer to not experience again anytime soon.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josquius

$4000 fine? :blink:
We really need to start charging this kind of shit with a solid % of if they had done it to humans.
██████
██████
██████

KRonn

Quote from: derspiess on April 17, 2015, 09:49:16 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on April 17, 2015, 06:22:19 AM
Living through a wonderful slow burning hangover today :bleeding: :weep:

They get worse as you get older.  The only way to win is not to play.  Or take the day off :D

Hehe, I don't play anymore. I pretty much gave up drinking years ago, and certainly gave up drinking to get drunk.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sheilbh

Invited to my first gay wedding :w00t:

There will be dove cannons. There better be <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Neil

I have now moved.  My exhaustion level is high.

Still, it's nice being in the 'suburbs', if you will.  My tower was pleasant, but it seems a lot cleaner and greener around here, with fewer young people.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

KRonn

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 18, 2015, 08:54:48 PM
ESPN eye candy reporter caught on video pissing all over tow company lady.

http://deadspin.com/is-this-espn-reporter-britt-mchenry-berating-a-parking-1698248529

I saw that on the news. She knew she was on camera at the place. I don't see it being that big a deal to be all over the news, and ESPN suspended her for a week, but getting some flak for not doing more. She apologized but should do so to the woman she trashed on. Yeah, she was a jerk, but move on people.

alfred russel

Quote from: KRonn on April 18, 2015, 09:02:33 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 18, 2015, 08:54:48 PM
ESPN eye candy reporter caught on video pissing all over tow company lady.

http://deadspin.com/is-this-espn-reporter-britt-mchenry-berating-a-parking-1698248529

I saw that on the news. She knew she was on camera at the place. I don't see it being that big a deal to be all over the news, and ESPN suspended her for a week, but getting some flak for not doing more. She apologized but should do so to the woman she trashed on. Yeah, she was a jerk, but move on people.

I really hate the idea of suspensions of employees as a punishment.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Tonitrus

I'd fire the bitch, because her apology is pretty transparent bullshit.  :)

But ESPN don't care, the suspension sill satisfy the news hounds, and a week is pretty much her travel from one story to another, so it doesn't mean anything.

alfred russel

Quote from: Tonitrus on April 18, 2015, 10:28:36 PM
I'd fire the bitch, because her apology is pretty transparent bullshit.  :)

But ESPN don't care, the suspension sill satisfy the news hounds, and a week is pretty much her travel from one story to another, so it doesn't mean anything.

Even better, the suspension will generate a bunch of stories that are free publicity, and when she returns that will be a story. Now they have a presenter that serves as eye candy AND that as a topic of debate.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014