And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanza

:lol: Fucking auto correct.

Admiral Yi

Read in The Economist that the largest Argentine bank note is 100 pesos, worth $11 at the official rate and $8 at the market rate.  Since most transactions are done in cash (to avoid taxes presumably), people have to carry around duffel bags of notes. 

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 13, 2015, 07:10:18 PM
Read in The Economist that the largest Argentine bank note is 100 pesos, worth $11 at the official rate and $8 at the market rate.  Since most transactions are done in cash (to avoid taxes presumably), people have to carry around duffel bags of notes.
American highway patrol officers everywhere just came in unison at the thought of such a situation existing in US.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 13, 2015, 07:10:18 PM

Or you use dollars you've been hoarding.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

MadImmortalMan

There's a rocket launching at Canaveral right now on TV.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Liep

More American food invasions: Hwy 55 is coming here, is it any good?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Admiral Yi

garbon

From their site, looks like the bulk of the franchise is in the Carolinas.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

The aerial shots of Amalienborg Castle when the police gave way for the crowd to rush into the square was amazing. I feared for a palace revolution.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

:weep:

King Christian stood by the lofty mast
In mist and smoke;
His sword was hammering so fast,
Through Gothic helm and brain it passed;
Then sank each hostile hulk and mast,
In mist and smoke.
"Fly!" shouted they, "fly, he who can!
Who braves of Denmark's Christian,
Who braves of Denmark's Christian,
In battle?"

Liep

http://www.buzzfeed.com/marietelling/37-reasons-why-demark-will-ruin-you-for-life#.nkY0qMnneZ

QuoteCORRECTION
The picture in No. 2 has been changed to one of Copenhagen. A previous version of this post showed a picture of Stockholm's skyline at night instead.

:lol:

The Brain

Stockholm is the Capital of Scandinavia.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.