News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Maximus on March 31, 2015, 01:47:31 PM
Is there more sex appeal because there are more TV shows, or are there more TV shows because there is more sex appeal? Or both?

Both.  But it's a self-reinforcing dynamic, not a circular argument.

Caliga

Quote from: Malthus on March 31, 2015, 01:46:56 PM
It's the sitting in an uncomfortable chair, wearing a green eyeshade, and writing in a huge ledger that ages them prematurely and changes their sex.  :hmm:
I haven't seen one of those visors since my grandma died... she used to wear on while playing Scrabble. :lol:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

crazy canuck

Quote from: Caliga on March 31, 2015, 01:47:56 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on March 31, 2015, 01:46:13 PM
Dammit Jim, our recent analysis shows that our overhead multiplier factor is out by .01.   

Bones, I was afraid of that.  Quick, do a full inventory recount and recheck the numbers.

Who wouldn't love that kind of drama?
Great minds. :hug:

:D

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on March 31, 2015, 01:49:14 PM
I haven't seen one of those visors since my grandma died... she used to wear on while playing Scrabble. :lol:

Yeah, my grandma wore one, but it was red because she liked the Reds :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Maximus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 31, 2015, 01:49:05 PM
Quote from: Maximus on March 31, 2015, 01:47:31 PM
Is there more sex appeal because there are more TV shows, or are there more TV shows because there is more sex appeal? Or both?

Both.  But it's a self-reinforcing dynamic, not a circular argument.

Fair enough.

Now engineers...  :perv:

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on March 31, 2015, 01:49:31 PM
Quote from: derspiess on March 31, 2015, 01:48:22 PM
Then they're bookkeepers, not accountants.
:hmm:

At least that's how it works at the banks I work with.  The accountants are the men with C-level positions, and the women who do accounting stuff are bookkeepers in the back office area.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

All of the chicks I'm thinking of have CPAs and most have MBAs as well. :showoff:

derspiess

Well-qualified bookkeepers.  They get a nicer desk back near the noisy printers.

Syt

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0222675/

"The O'Dell farm is on the rocks. A non-traditional accountant comes with a variety of ways to save the farm." 7.9/10
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

alfred russel

Quote from: Caliga on March 31, 2015, 01:47:32 PM
Anyway, accounting can be quite dramatic.

"Johnson, we report out to the street tomorrow morning BUT I'VE JUST DISCOVERED THAT INTERCOMPANY ACCOUNT 2791 IS OUT OF BALANCE BY ALMOST SIX HUNDRED DOLLARS!  Figure out where the discrepancy lies or you're fired!"

Johnson then surfs the internet the rest of the day and ends up getting fired, but doesn't care because there are a gazillion accounting jobs, unlike for the schmucks that spent 3 years going to law school only to fight over doc review jobs.

The financial statements end up being incorrect, there is a huge financial scandal, and congress responds by passing even tighter accounting regulations, which requires the hiring of even more accountants.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on March 31, 2015, 01:53:55 PM
Well-qualified bookkeepers.  They get a nicer desk back near the noisy printers.
No, they all have offices and individual printers. :sleep:

Caliga

Quote from: alfred russel on March 31, 2015, 01:54:29 PM
The financial statements end up being incorrect, there is a huge financial scandal, and congress responds by passing even tighter accounting regulations, which requires the hiring of even more accountants.
:lmfao:

That's funny because it's true.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."