Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Jaron on March 31, 2015, 12:04:21 AM
Wow, asshole comment, even for you.

Are you really going to law school?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

I think we need to start a poll.  Who will be the next Languishite to get into law school?  Only non-lawyers are eligible, so the 20 option limit for polls shouldn't be a problem.

Tonitrus

Maybe I use my GI Bill to go to law school.

Grinning_Colossus

Quote from: LaCroix on March 30, 2015, 10:20:13 PM
i wouldn't worry about it then. i'm sure you did better than you thought. if your LSAT/grades are high enough for chicago, then you'll be fine wherever you end up. what are your safeties?

Well, I took all of the 'T14 or don't bother' commentary literally, so I don't really have a safety.  :unsure:
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

garbon

http://nypost.com/2015/03/30/violinist-roamed-hotel-halls-naked-attacked-woman-police/

QuoteA renowned German violinist went on a naked rampage at a Manhattan hotel, forcing his way into a female tourist's room and choking her, law enforcement sources told The Post.

Staffers at the boutique Hudson Hotel at Columbus Circle were first alerted to the bizarre antics of Stefan Arzberger after guests reported seeing a man roaming around naked early Friday, the sources said.

A 64-year-old female hotel guest from North Carolina "heard a knock and opened her door slightly'' around 8 a.m., a law enforcement source said.

She was confronted by a wild-eyed Arzberger — who recently performed at the Library of Congress — "completely naked,'' the source said.

"He stuck his arm out, and she tried to slam the door shut, but he stuck his arm in between the door and the door jamb," the source said of the 42-year-old lead violinist for the internationally acclaimed Leipzig String Quartet, which has played at Lincoln Center and Carnegie Hall.

"He barged inside and grabbed her around the neck with both hands and started strangling her."

The violinist allegedly choked the woman so hard that the blood vessels in her eyes were ruptured, according to a court complaint.

Hotel staff heard the victim crying for help and pulled the crazed man off her, cops said.

Arzberger managed to flee back to his room, but police arrested him shortly after, the sources said.

The victim and Arzberger did not know each other, the sources said.

A source close to the musician claimed that the episode happened after someone slipped a drug into Arzberger's drink at the hotel bar. He has no memory of what happened, the source said.

But police said that when they took Arzberger into custody, he showed no outward signs of mental distress.

His lawyer insisted that he has never been in trouble with the law.

"He's an upstanding member of society without a criminal record who has devoted his life to the arts,'' lawyer Nicholas Kaizer told The Post. "He has no record anywhere, and we hope at the end of the journey, he has no record here."

Arzberger was charged with strangulation and burglary.

He was released Saturday after bondsman Ira Judelson posted the $100,000 bail, according to court papers. Judelson declined to comment.

Arzberger's group has toured throughout Europe, Australia and Asia in addition to the US.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

There's a roofer in Germany called Thomas Neger. His last name, "Neger" is the German word for negro. He doesn't understand why his logo is creating a bit of a shitstorm. After all, he just means to be ironical with it.

(The logo has been around for 60 years)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Quote from: Jaron on March 30, 2015, 09:54:38 PM
On that topic, I'm starting law school in Fall. Wish me luck!

I see BB has inspired yet another Languishite into the noble craft of justice for all. Good luck noble Jaron!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on March 31, 2015, 07:13:05 AM
(The logo has been around for 60 years)

Somehow I don't think it was originally meant as ironic.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on March 31, 2015, 04:19:24 AM
http://nypost.com/2015/03/30/violinist-roamed-hotel-halls-naked-attacked-woman-police/

QuoteA renowned German violinist went on a naked rampage at a Manhattan hotel, forcing his way into a female tourist's room and choking her, law enforcement sources told The Post.

Staffers at the boutique Hudson Hotel at Columbus Circle were first alerted to the bizarre antics of Stefan Arzberger after guests reported seeing a man roaming around naked early Friday, the sources said.

A 64-year-old female hotel guest from North Carolina "heard a knock and opened her door slightly'' around 8 a.m., a law enforcement source said.

She was confronted by a wild-eyed Arzberger — who recently performed at the Library of Congress — "completely naked,'' the source said.

"He stuck his arm out, and she tried to slam the door shut, but he stuck his arm in between the door and the door jamb," the source said of the 42-year-old lead violinist for the internationally acclaimed Leipzig String Quartet, which has played at Lincoln Center and Carnegie Hall.

"He barged inside and grabbed her around the neck with both hands and started strangling her."

The violinist allegedly choked the woman so hard that the blood vessels in her eyes were ruptured, according to a court complaint.

Hotel staff heard the victim crying for help and pulled the crazed man off her, cops said.

Arzberger managed to flee back to his room, but police arrested him shortly after, the sources said.

The victim and Arzberger did not know each other, the sources said.

A source close to the musician claimed that the episode happened after someone slipped a drug into Arzberger's drink at the hotel bar. He has no memory of what happened, the source said.

But police said that when they took Arzberger into custody, he showed no outward signs of mental distress.

His lawyer insisted that he has never been in trouble with the law.

"He's an upstanding member of society without a criminal record who has devoted his life to the arts,'' lawyer Nicholas Kaizer told The Post. "He has no record anywhere, and we hope at the end of the journey, he has no record here."

Arzberger was charged with strangulation and burglary.

He was released Saturday after bondsman Ira Judelson posted the $100,000 bail, according to court papers. Judelson declined to comment.

Arzberger's group has toured throughout Europe, Australia and Asia in addition to the US.

Hey, an artist has to unwind somehow.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on March 31, 2015, 07:39:19 AM

I see BB has inspired yet another Languishite into the noble craft of justice for all. Good luck noble Jaron!

Seconded.  I think J-Man would make a great lawyer.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on March 31, 2015, 12:05:16 AM
Not really.

Indeed.  Jaron is like, what, 35?  36?  It'd be an iffy idea to go to Yale at that age.

People who prepare to jump off cliffs don't need to be encouraged, and people who tell them that there are sharp rocks at the bottom aren't necessarily assholes.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

KRonn

Good luck with it.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

It's time to lay down the Law. With fries.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

:showoff:

I have my doubts that J-dawg is going to law school, but if he is best of luck to you man!
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.