News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Razgovory on January 15, 2015, 10:43:32 PM
I swear my cat understands every word I say.  I tell the cat to be quite so she meows louder. <_<

Maybe she is wondering why the fuck you tell her to be "quite".

Razgovory

Cat can't read.  She's a disaster at the keyboard.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Grey Fox

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 15, 2015, 09:53:15 PM
How do you two know the prices they offered were different than American prices?

We look online & we go to american Target stores.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Tamas

In the city I used to work in, they demolished a building at the railyard and this is what they found under it:

A 122mm artillery piece from WW1.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 15, 2015, 09:53:15 PM
How do you two know the prices they offered were different than American prices?

Its not just the two of them.  The Canadians who were excited about the prospect of Target coming to Canada were the Canadians who shopped at Target in the US.  When those same Canadians found that the prices and selection were not equivalent they stopped shopping at Target's Canadian stores and went back to their old buying habits which included shopping at the US Target locations. 

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 15, 2015, 09:17:54 PM
They couldn't choose. Canadian customers were expecting the legitimate american Target experience (and price!) but instead we got another discount store with an american logo. We already have those.

Yeah, I went to a Target a couple of times, but never really got what was supposed to be different about them.  No differentiation.  Plus their locations were all attached to malls, and I hate going to malls.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Eddie Teach

Target's really not that cheap.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Target is fancy Walmart.

Anyway why did they build something on top of an artillery piece?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DGuller

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 16, 2015, 01:56:50 PM
That's not its niche.  Target aims to be a fancier Walmart where the customers can use their hands for something other than holding their nose.  Their prices are competitive but not rock bottom.

Grey Fox

Quote from: DGuller on January 16, 2015, 02:18:04 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 16, 2015, 01:56:50 PM
That's not its niche.  Target aims to be a fancier Walmart where the customers can use their hands for something other than holding their nose.  Their prices are competitive but not rock bottom.

That's the issue right here. Walmart in Canada is not rock bottom. Walmart is where Target is in the US, Target Canada positioned it self above Walmart just like in the USA. That was a mistake. The market place was expecting & demanded in social media, a direct competitor to Walmart.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Jacob

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 16, 2015, 02:24:02 PM
That's the issue right here. Walmart in Canada is not rock bottom. Walmart is where Target is in the US, Target Canada positioned it self above Walmart just like in the USA. That was a mistake. The market place was expecting & demanded in social media, a direct competitor to Walmart.

What's rock bottom in Canada, in your opinion?

Josephus

Any Canadians remember Bi-Way?
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011