News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

:lol: "White Synapse", that's awesome.

Violent husbands in Barcelona?  That's pretty much all of them, isn't it?

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 15, 2015, 12:22:56 PM

Violent husbands in Barcelona? That's pretty much all of them, isn't it?

It's a well know, but crap Spanish Death Metal band.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Zanza

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

Despite working 11 hours today has been a very good day for me.

1: I FINALLY have internet at home. Jesus that was a struggle.
2: The Swiss National Bank dropped the blocks they had in place on the Franc's exchange rate and in the course of a day it has gained 30%. Where before it was 1.60 to the £ it is now 1.20  :w00t:

On the negative side I guess beers now cost £7 a pop :hmm:
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on January 15, 2015, 11:47:47 AM
Doesn't that very strongly imply that homosexuality is not genetical?

I think we already knew that, or homosexuality would be in trouble.  I was under the impression it had something to do with the development in utero.  The fact they are twins is interesting though.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tyr on January 15, 2015, 02:04:09 PM
Despite working 11 hours today has been a very good day for me.

1: I FINALLY have internet at home. Jesus that was a struggle.
2: The Swiss National Bank dropped the blocks they had in place on the Franc's exchange rate and in the course of a day it has gained 30%. Where before it was 1.60 to the £ it is now 1.20  :w00t:

So take up smuggling.  :)

MadImmortalMan

Or buy a pile of Euros and go on a bender in France.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Tyr on January 15, 2015, 02:04:09 PM

$10.00, that's wild.  Even taking into account the lack of need to tip vs. the US, I don't know if I'd pay that more than once or twice even in a world capital, let alone Switzerland.  Better to get on their heroin maintenance program.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on January 15, 2015, 12:48:40 PM

I was referring to the hilarity of a black guy named "White Synapse". :mellow:

I was not aware that "Violent Husbands in Barcelona" was a band, though.  Thanks! :thumbsup:

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on January 15, 2015, 02:35:03 PM
$10.00, that's wild.  Even taking into account the lack of need to tip vs. the US, I don't know if I'd pay that more than once or twice even in a world capital, let alone Switzerland.  Better to get on their heroin maintenance program.

Guess it's going to depend on the bar and the beer.  I don't drink crap like PBR (sorry, CCR) or Budweiser, and at any bar I've been to that's been above dive-quality, those are easily at least $6-8 a shot.  Last time I ate at World Cafe Live (expensive, but not very much so), a Yards IPA set me back $11.
Experience bij!

DontSayBanana

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 15, 2015, 02:45:02 PM

I was not aware that "Violent Husbands in Barcelona" was a band, though.  Thanks! :thumbsup:

:secret: I think that was a joke, too.
Experience bij!

derspiess

Quote from: DontSayBanana on January 15, 2015, 02:48:01 PM
Guess it's going to depend on the bar and the beer.  I don't drink crap like PBR (sorry, CCR) or Budweiser, and at any bar I've been to that's been above dive-quality, those are easily at least $6-8 a shot.  Last time I ate at World Cafe Live (expensive, but not very much so), a Yards IPA set me back $11.

Suppose it also varies by location.  Most places around here, including the ever-expanding brewery tap rooms, you can get a pint of craft beer for $5.  Some high gravity beers could be $6 or $6.50.  But if there is a happy hour deal you can routinely see $3 or $4 a pint (or at one place $.01 if you win a coin flip).  The trendiest brewery charges $6 and that pisses off quite a few people.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Josquius

It is a little expensive but not too out of line with general prices (and pay) here.
The 'natural' exchange rate is something more like 2 francs to the pound which would put beers at around typical London prices.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 15, 2015, 02:45:02 PM
Quote from: mongers on January 15, 2015, 12:48:40 PM

I'm as white as I am black - maybe whiter. :angry:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.