News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Quote from: Syt on January 06, 2015, 12:58:03 AM
FlyNiki will offer flights between Vienna and Bratislava. Flight time: 20 minutes. Time to travel the distance by car or train: 60 minutes, give or take.

Reasons given for the connection: to enable Slovakian travelers easier access to Vienna airport which has better connections than Bratislava (150,000 Slovakians a year travel from Vienna airport, and Bratislava is pretty much dependent on RyanAir). Also, to make it easier for people who "just want to skip over for to watch a stage production."
And I thought Zurich-Geneva was nuts :blink:
██████
██████
██████

Josquius

Quote from: DGuller on January 05, 2015, 09:22:53 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on January 05, 2015, 08:30:17 PM

Eh, I bought an Hemnes bed over the week end. I didn't forget the metal bar because I understand how ikea functions & actually look at what I was buying before exiting the store.
:hmm: Should we also tell Tyr that he'll need a slatted bed base, or should we wait until he gets his metal bar?
Which is the annoying part. They pointed out I would need the slats extra. No mention of any bars . It is illogical that this one part is extra.
██████
██████
██████

Josquius

Quote from: sbr on January 05, 2015, 03:15:00 PM
Quote from: Tyr on January 05, 2015, 02:47:20 PM
Fuck ikea. So apparently the final piece of my bed, the critical central bar without which I can't use it, needs to be bought separately :bleeding:
Nobody mentioned this in the shop at all when I bought the whole bed together. Such a shame those cunts have a monopoly, I've no choice but to go back there for the stupid bar and other things I need.

What does Ikea have a monopoly on?  The specific piece you need for your Ikea bed or beds in general?
Budget and mid-range furniture.
██████
██████
██████

Zanza

FlyNiki will offer flights between Vienna and Bratislava. Flight time: 20 minutes. Time to travel the distance by car or train: 60 minutes, give or take.

Reasons given for the connection: to enable Slovakian travelers easier access to Vienna airport which has better connections than Bratislava (150,000 Slovakians a year travel from Vienna airport, and Bratislava is pretty much dependent on RyanAir). Also, to make it easier for people who "just want to skip over for to watch a stage production."
I've flown from Stuttgart to Munich, Zurich and Frankfurt. It's especially funny if you fly business class and they try to serve you food and a coffee on a 25 minute flight. Like I am going to starve in the next half hour after just having spent time in the business lounge or what?

Sheilbh

Stephen Fry's getting married! :w00t:

While I'm generally fine with big age differences (many in my family), Fry's fiance does have the look of a serial killer :unsure:
Let's bomb Russia!

Brazen

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 06, 2015, 11:38:08 AM
While I'm generally fine with big age differences (many in my family), Fry's fiance does have the look of a serial killer :unsure:
And he is 27, not 17 as the acne would imply. I do hope it's a meeting of minds.

Brazen

Underwear model Rosie Huntington-Whiteley on her personal trainer: "James knows exactly how I want my body to look: lean, taut and strong, yet soft, curvy and feminine."

Yeah, we all want one of those taut yet soft, curvy yet lean bodies  :blink:

Eddie Teach

Well, you did say she's an underwear model. That suggests her body is impossible for normal people.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Stephen Fry's getting married! :w00t:

It surprised me greatly.
I wish him well but... A 27 year old met only a few months ago who also happens to fancy a career in comedy? Don't get hurt stephen :(
██████
██████
██████

Ideologue

I don't think it's hard to understand. Basically fit without being overmuscled. I wouldn't call it a fool's errand.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Oh, yeah Josq. The poor baby. We'd better pray for him. Mb too while we're at it.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on January 06, 2015, 12:01:47 PM
I don't think it's hard to understand. Basically fit without being overmuscled. I wouldn't call it a fool's errand.

Skinny, fit girls rarely look as soft as Victoria's Secret models. Course, a lot of it is probably camera and makeup.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

alfred russel

Quote from: Zanza on January 06, 2015, 04:05:25 AM

I've flown from Stuttgart to Munich, Zurich and Frankfurt. It's especially funny if you fly business class and they try to serve you food and a coffee on a 25 minute flight. Like I am going to starve in the next half hour after just having spent time in the business lounge or what?

Wouldn't it be easier to just take a train?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Zanza

Some of the trains from Stuttgart to Frankfurt Airport have Lufthansa flight numbers, so you can book them from Lufthansa. The train takes about 1:15h, but it starts in the city center without security controls etc., so it is usually faster. But then you might have longer connecting times in Frankfurt...

To Zurich and Munich, the train is much slower than an aircraft.

Liep

Quote from: Brazen on January 06, 2015, 11:44:07 AM
And he is 27, not 17 as the acne would imply. I do hope it's a meeting of minds.

Well it defies the Swedish Rule, so one has to assume one side is it in for power/money/movie roles/whatever and one side is in it for a young body. 57/2+7 = 35.5.

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk