Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Does anyone go commando on this day?

Jacob

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 05, 2015, 06:04:42 PM
That's probably a spinoff of the ones Improv Everywhere organizes in New York.

Yup, that's what the article says.

Ed Anger

Quote from: DGuller on January 05, 2015, 06:23:35 PM
Does anyone go commando on this day?

I saw no reason to go after the German ammo dumps near Hammelburg.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Quote from: The Brain on January 05, 2015, 05:41:11 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on January 05, 2015, 05:34:32 PM
Quote from: Tyr on January 05, 2015, 02:47:20 PM
Fuck ikea. So apparently the final piece of my bed, the critical central bar without which I can't use it, needs to be bought separately :bleeding:
Nobody mentioned this in the shop at all when I bought the whole bed together. Such a shame those cunts have a monopoly, I've no choice but to go back there for the stupid bar and other things I need.

There is probably some form of consumer protection legislation requiring the product be fit for the purpose for which it was purchased that you can use to demand the bar at no extra cost.
:lol:

Someone tell Ide.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

DGuller

Quote from: The Brain on January 05, 2015, 05:41:11 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on January 05, 2015, 05:34:32 PM
Fuck ikea. So apparently the final piece of my bed, the critical central bar without which I can't use it, needs to be bought separately :bleeding:
Nobody mentioned this in the shop at all when I bought the whole bed together. Such a shame those cunts have a monopoly, I've no choice but to go back there for the stupid bar and other things I need.

There is probably some form of consumer protection legislation requiring the product be fit for the purpose for which it was purchased that you can use to demand the bar at no extra cost.

Someone tell Ide.
:XD:

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Jacob on January 05, 2015, 06:24:10 PM
Yup, that's what the article says.

So it does.  :sleep:

Sadly, it doesn't say who the smiling brunette in the photo is. :(
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grey Fox

Eh, I bought an Hemnes bed over the week end. I didn't forget the metal bar because I understand how ikea functions & actually look at what I was buying before exiting the store.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

DGuller

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 05, 2015, 08:30:17 PM

Eh, I bought an Hemnes bed over the week end. I didn't forget the metal bar because I understand how ikea functions & actually look at what I was buying before exiting the store.
:hmm: Should we also tell Tyr that he'll need a slatted bed base, or should we wait until he gets his metal bar?

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on January 05, 2015, 09:23:40 PM
Ikea beds? :hmm:

Don't blame them, they're simply following conventional thinking, where an IKEA bed resides somewhere in that hazy region between the "Mattress on the Floor" Phase and the "Live-In Girlfriend Will Want a Pottery Barn Bed Frame" phase.

Ideologue

I've been sleeping on my actual bed lately.  It's weird.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 05, 2015, 09:54:34 PM
Quote from: garbon on January 05, 2015, 09:23:40 PM
Ikea beds? :hmm:

Don't blame them, they're simply following conventional thinking, where an IKEA bed resides somewhere in that hazy region between the "Mattress on the Floor" Phase and the "Live-In Girlfriend Will Want a Pottery Barn Bed Frame" phase.

:D :thumbsup:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ideologue

I routinely only use it for sex or guests or sex guests.  I usually sleep on the futon.  But I think the hard futon, while generally more comfortable, was aggravating my shoulder, which thanks to the softer mattress (amongst other reasons) is getting a lot closer to healthy. :)
Kinemalogue

garbon