News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Been on a 90's Discovery Channel 'Wings' kick lately. I loved this show as a kid.

Me-109: http://youtu.be/Ry9sOqkSrvQ

My favorite MiG EVAR, the Foxbat: http://youtu.be/dlMjNMQ8NIY

Peter Ustinov :wub:

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

The Brain

Quote from: FunkMonk on December 20, 2014, 08:17:24 AM
Been on a 90's Discovery Channel 'Wings' kick lately. I loved this show as a kid.

Me-109: http://youtu.be/Ry9sOqkSrvQ

My favorite MiG EVAR, the Foxbat: http://youtu.be/dlMjNMQ8NIY

Peter Ustinov :wub:

No Tony Shalhoub. :(
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

I bought a raspberry pi.
its internet performance: dissapointing :(
Hope I can find some entertainment with it.

___

I've just met one of my cousins.
Her youngest son is a very unusual boy.
I think I mentioned it last year- for christmas the big present he requested was...a hoover.
She thought there was no harm in it so she got him one, as odd as it may be. Everywhere he goes he asks to see people's hoovers.
Well, this year is his first year of school. Surely he has had his odd facination bullied out of him?...nope. For christmas this year he wants; a new hoover.
This year my cousin doesn't know what to do. Buying an extra vacuum just for him last year....whatever. But having two extra hoovers in the cuboard? She's getting into madness territory there.
Such a odd fascination
██████
██████
██████

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Tonitrus

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

mongers

Quote from: Tyr on December 20, 2014, 08:23:56 AM

I've just met one of my cousins.
Her youngest son is a very unusual boy.
I think I mentioned it last year- for christmas the big present he requested was...a hoover.
She thought there was no harm in it so she got him one, as odd as it may be. Everywhere he goes he asks to see people's hoovers.
Well, this year is his first year of school. Surely he has had his odd facination bullied out of him?...nope. For christmas this year he wants; a new hoover.
This year my cousin doesn't know what to do. Buying an extra vacuum just for him last year....whatever. But having two extra hoovers in the cuboard? She's getting into madness territory there.
Such a odd fascination

Sucks to be her, doubly so.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Hoover? We're talking vacuum cleaners here, right?  Or is "hoover" limey-speak for something, like, a DVD player some other fucked up English nickname that has absolutely nothing to do with the actual object?

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 20, 2014, 06:37:17 PM
Hoover? We're talking vacuum cleaners here, right?  Or is "hoover" limey-speak for something, like, a DVD player some other fucked up English nickname that has absolutely nothing to do with the actual object?

It's the nickname people in the North Country give to the small adhoc hydro-electric schemes villages there install on streams as a back up to the unreliable electricity supply.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

11B4V

QuoteBut having two extra hoovers in the cuboard?

Good job detective, a vacuum cleaner in the cupboard. :P
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Quote from: mongers on December 20, 2014, 06:40:33 PM

It's the nickname people in the North Country give to the small adhoc hydro-electric schemes villages there install on streams as a back up to the unreliable electricity supply.  :bowler:

So IOW a water pump

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on December 20, 2014, 06:42:25 PM

Dude, it's England:  for all we know, "cupboard" is limeyspeak for "Detached Accessory Structure."  How many fucking boots have you found in the trunk of your car?

Josquius

Hoover as a genericised trademark for vacuum cleaners is pretty standard
██████
██████
██████

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 20, 2014, 06:50:16 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on December 20, 2014, 06:42:25 PM

Dude, it's England:  for all we know, "cupboard" is limeyspeak for "Detached Accessory Structure."  How many fucking boots have you found in the trunk of your car?

:P Just trying to be helpful.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tyr on December 20, 2014, 06:50:18 PM
Hoover as a genericised trademark for vacuum cleaners is pretty standard

Just making sure the story was as weird as it sounded and that we were all on the same wavelength, and not dealing with some kind of ginger minger whinger dinger alternative use thing.