And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: derspiess on December 19, 2014, 11:28:58 AM
Quote from: Habbaku on December 19, 2014, 11:15:07 AM
I really hope there are some details left out of that story.  What's wrong with saying "excuse me" and getting on with your day?

Yeah, especially if she's cute.

Well, that does not work on me, remember? Which is in fact the aspect that makes it even more infuriating - her hostile reaction/escalation was probably caused by a fact that she did not expect this from a guy as she is used to being treated preferentially. Well, tough luck - I take delight in bursting bubbles like this.  <_<

Martinus

Quote from: Habbaku on December 19, 2014, 11:30:52 AM
Quote from: Martinus on December 19, 2014, 11:20:58 AM
I went into the building and she went "Look where you are going!"

This is the relevant detail that was missing.  You went overboard a bit, but she's rude as hell if this is her first instinct.

Yes, sorry. She was the first to shout - I just went past her (we did not actually bump into each other - it was more the case of her feeling she nearly run into me I guess). I did not acknowledge her and went into the building - and only then heard her.

Admiral Yi

I might be changing my mind.  I'm starting to get the impression Marty did in fact cut her off. 

Martinus

Quote from: Ideologue on December 19, 2014, 11:30:20 AM
To a degree Mart is correct of course.

However, this wouldn't happen in America. Both parties would say "I'm sorry!" and then an hour and a half of shenanigans would result prior to achieving happiness ever after with each other. :wub:

Again, "Curb Your Enthusiasm" paints a different picture of American society. :P

Martinus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 19, 2014, 11:34:41 AM
I might be changing my mind.  I'm starting to get the impression Marty did in fact cut her off.

She shouldn't have been there in the first place. :contract:

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Martinus on December 19, 2014, 11:36:25 AM

I don't know how it is in Poland, but in the US there's no law against walking on a wheelchair ramp.  I do it all the time.

The Larch

Quote from: Martinus on December 19, 2014, 11:31:15 AM
Quote from: derspiess on December 19, 2014, 11:28:58 AM
Quote from: Habbaku on December 19, 2014, 11:15:07 AM
I really hope there are some details left out of that story.  What's wrong with saying "excuse me" and getting on with your day?

Yeah, especially if she's cute.

Well, that does not work on me, remember? Which is in fact the aspect that makes it even more infuriating - her hostile reaction/escalation was probably caused by a fact that she did not expect this from a guy as she is used to being treated preferentially. Well, tough luck - I take delight in bursting bubbles like this.  <_<

You make way too many assumptions based on way too little contact with this person.

Martinus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 19, 2014, 11:37:55 AM
Quote from: Martinus on December 19, 2014, 11:36:25 AM

I don't know how it is in Poland, but in the US there's no law against walking on a wheelchair ramp.  I do it all the time.

There is also no law about giving a priority pass to stupid cunts with dogs.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Martinus on December 19, 2014, 11:42:57 AM

It is basic manners to wait and allow the person who arrives at a spot first to proceed.  Even if they're stupid cunts with dogs.

Martinus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 19, 2014, 11:44:37 AM
Quote from: Martinus on December 19, 2014, 11:42:57 AM

It is basic manners to wait and allow the person who arrives at a spot first to proceed.  Even if they're stupid cunts with dogs.

She wasn't the first to arrive at the spot.

Admiral Yi

Did you arrive simultaneously?

Martinus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 19, 2014, 11:53:51 AM
Did you arrive simultaneously?

I would say I was there slightly before her.

Ed Anger

Premature arrival is a common problem.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Arriving together is a myth.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

crazy canuck

The last time some idiot walked into me because there was some pressing need for him to look at his phone instead of where he was walking I said, "Maybe you will look where you are going next time" as he picked himself up off the pavement.