News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanza

Martinus

Just had a run-in with some chick who essentially walked into me with her dog and then expected an apology.

One type of human beings that I find absolutely infuriating are 20-something "precious" women who seem to expect special treatment from men (most likely on account of most of them being attracted to them so they can get away with more stuff in casual inter-personal relationships).

It ended up with her calling me a dick and me calling her a cunt.

Habbaku

I really hope there are some details left out of that story.  What's wrong with saying "excuse me" and getting on with your day?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ideologue

Martinus wishes all women would die so that men would have no choice to fuck other men. And if you're doing sonething you don't want to, you might as well get paid for it.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Martinus

Why should I apologise when she is in the wrong?

Essentially, there is this wheelchair ramp leading to the main entrance to my office building, which people sometimes use in lieu of the pavement (although there is clearly a separate pavement for pedestrians further away from the building). I was walking into the building and that woman was walking her dog orthogonal to me on the wheelchair ramp. I went into the building and she went "Look where you are going!"

So I told her that this is not where she should be in the first place, as it is part of the building/wheelchair ramp, not a pedestrian area. So she went on how I was oh-so-lost in my blackberry I did not see her and her dog. And called me "man". So I retorted that this does not change the fact that she wasn't supposed to be there at all, and in any case she should look out where she is going with her tiny dog because I am not going to watch the ground for people with dogs and shit, and called her "woman". So she responded that we are not on a first name basis. And it escalated quickly. :P

In times like this, I know how that guy from "Curb Your Enthusiasm" feels.

Caliga

Quote from: Martinus on December 19, 2014, 11:09:18 AM
It ended up with her calling me a dick and me calling her a cunt.
You're hired!
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Martinus

garbon

Marti seems like a jerk.

Btw, the last time a guy ran into me, I shouted "fuck you" at him. :blush:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

I'm with Marty on this one.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Martinus

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 19, 2014, 11:27:23 AM
MISOGYNY!

Misogyny is just the word used by women when they are treated equally by other men.  :P

derspiess

Quote from: Habbaku on December 19, 2014, 11:15:07 AM
I really hope there are some details left out of that story.  What's wrong with saying "excuse me" and getting on with your day?

Yeah, especially if she's cute.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Liep

Quote from: derspiess on December 19, 2014, 11:28:58 AM
Quote from: Habbaku on December 19, 2014, 11:15:07 AM

Yeah, especially if she's cute.

:D
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Ideologue

To a degree Mart is correct of course.

However, this wouldn't happen in America. Both parties would say "I'm sorry!" and then an hour and a half of shenanigans would result prior to achieving happiness ever after with each other. :wub:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Habbaku

Quote from: Martinus on December 19, 2014, 11:20:58 AM
I went into the building and she went "Look where you are going!"

This is the relevant detail that was missing.  You went overboard a bit, but she's rude as hell if this is her first instinct.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien