mongers

Quote from: Caliga on December 16, 2014, 09:38:45 PM
Quote from: mongers on December 16, 2014, 09:33:53 PM
Quote from: Caliga on December 16, 2014, 09:32:40 PM
This guy's not an idiot, mongers. :)

Oh so it isn't you after all.  :P
Dude, why would I refer to myself as someone else like that?  :sleep:

I'm sorry I was only dicking around with you.  :hug:

Actually I've a friend who's got a bit of a dilema. There's a woman who is relatively new to his town, they bumped into each other a few times, got on well, she's a bit younger than him, good looking, bright, but comes with a few issues, but don't most people of around his age. He in part thinks she was initially interested in him as he might erroneously be considered well off, as he lives in a nice area of expensive houses. 
In the summer they bumped into each other near where he lives and she had 'in-tow' a guy, whom he assumed was a new boyfriend, anyway, he says it was like she couldn't get away from him quick enough and the way she said "We really must be going" with a smile reminded him of the odd bad day at college were a certain type of girl might turn on him when she found someone more interesting and wanted to make that really evident.
Apparently this gave him a insight into one or two aspects of her character, that meant then and there he decided he'd never considers her for any part in his life; he was actually grateful this incident had happened.
Anyway the guy disappeared and now for the last few months this woman has being trying to latch onto him, desperate for attention, wants sex and he's just been keeping her at arms length, reluctantly giving her a mobile number, but which is rarely turned on.

His dilemma is how to go about telling her, he is now no longer interested in her, in anyway what so ever.
Is there a polite way he can do this without upsetting a rather vulnerable individual?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Caliga

Is your friend single?

Cal's opinion is that, if you are single, and a woman shows interest, your patriotic duty is to take that woman to pound town no matter what.  If you later meet someone else better you are certainly eligible for a trade-in, but you should always have some sort of garage, no matter how shabby it may happen to be.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

Agreed.  If a girl asks nicely a gentleman doesn't say no.

Caliga

I have followed my own advice my entire life, with the end result that I have not been single a single minute since I was 18.  :cool:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on December 16, 2014, 09:54:12 PM
Actually I've a friend who's got a bit of a dilema. There's a woman who is relatively new to his town, they bumped into each other a few times, got on well, she's a bit younger than him, good looking, bright, but comes with a few issues, but don't most people of around his age. He in part thinks she was initially interested in him as he might erroneously be considered well off, as he lives in a nice area of expensive houses. 
In the summer they bumped into each other near where he lives and she had 'in-tow' a guy, whom he assumed was a new boyfriend, anyway, he says it was like she couldn't get away from him quick enough and the way she said "We really must be going" with a smile reminded him of the odd bad day at college were a certain type of girl might turn on him when she found someone more interesting and wanted to make that really evident.
Apparently this gave him a insight into one or two aspects of her character, that meant then and there he decided he'd never considers her for any part in his life; he was actually grateful this incident had happened.
Anyway the guy disappeared and now for the last few months this woman has being trying to latch onto him, desperate for attention, wants sex and he's just been keeping her at arms length, reluctantly giving her a mobile number, but which is rarely turned on.

His dilemma is how to go about telling her, he is now no longer interested in her, in anyway what so ever.
Is there a polite way he can do this without upsetting a rather vulnerable individual?

I see no dilemma here. :mellow:

Ed Anger

Start of the Battle of the Bulge anniversary today.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

alfred russel

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 16, 2014, 10:17:34 PM
Start of the Battle of the Bulge anniversary today.

Katmai surrendered yesterday.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 16, 2014, 10:05:42 PM
Quote from: mongers on December 16, 2014, 09:54:12 PM

I see no dilemma here. :mellow:

He's not interested?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Ideologue

Quote from: Caliga on December 16, 2014, 09:14:23 PM
a half-Asian accountant who obviously inherited her body type from her white parent

Gross.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Caliga

garbon

I leave for the airport in 1.5 hours and just now starting to pack. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Michelle Obama said she was at Target one time and someone asked her to help get something off the shelf.

:cry:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall