News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josquius

Fecking delivery men. Been waiting for over an hour in my empty new flat for them <_<
██████
██████
██████

Jacob

Quote from: Tyr on December 13, 2014, 09:27:28 AM
Fecking delivery men. Been waiting for over an hour in my empty new flat for them <_<

You should check with OvB.

sbr

Caliga

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 12, 2014, 09:51:48 PM
Quote from: Caliga on December 12, 2014, 09:02:56 PM
When I told this story to Princesca she kind of did that Marge Simpson groan Marge does at Homer. :hmm:  Upon reflection I think she may think this chick was flirting with me. :sleep:

Yeah, wtf, cal, Girlfriends?
Dude, I'm kind of a stud.  Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ideologue

I'm beginning to think BMI might use suspect methods.

While I think it's probably a good rule of thumb that BMI>25 is probably overweight--hell, I can look at myself, especially when I sit down, and tell I'm still overweight despite having a "normal" BMI of 24.8.

But I was fooling around with the numbers to see how light I would have to be in order to be underweight.  I figured, probably 150--I've been 155, and it is really skinny.  Apparently, I would have to weigh 129 pounds to be underweight.  Who came up with the formula, the Totenkopfverbande? :blink:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Zanza

The lower limit seems more realistic for smaller humans than for taller ones. I can see how a girl at 168cm is still normal weight at slightly above 50kg, but a 193cm guy at 66kg either is probably not very healthy...

Ideologue

Oh, I see my problem.  I was calculating my height with my 6" heels on.  Obvious when you think about it!

(Seriously, WTF. :lol: )
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

So it gives metric for height (i.e. the one where most anglos outside the US know imperial too) but not weight? :rolleyes:
██████
██████
██████

Maladict

The Brain

Quote from: Tyr on December 14, 2014, 05:52:59 AM
So it gives metric for height (i.e. the one where most anglos outside the US know imperial too) but not weight? :rolleyes:

No. I mean yes. I mean I'm trying to say that you're wrong.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

Wtf is up with "no shoes"? I'd rather be dead by obesity if I can't wear my Manolos.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

I'm generally oscillating between 25 and 26 BMI.