News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on December 14, 2014, 02:17:23 AM
Oh, I see my problem.  I was calculating my height with my 6" heels on.  Obvious when you think about it!

(Seriously, WTF. :lol: )

No joke, I had no idea my ideal weight was when I was 15.  No wonder half this country has eating disorders.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Also, gas is at 2.33/gal. More money for me.  :)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Josquius

Today I discovered there is a town named King of Prussia. Hee hee
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Quote from: Tyr on December 15, 2014, 02:10:04 AM

So it a lot on airway bills. It's a major distribution hub for one of the delivery services.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

Quote from: Tyr on December 15, 2014, 02:10:04 AM
I was in King of Prussia two weeks ago. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Larch

The Life of Brian has finally been able to be shown in Truro after the lifting if its ban back in 1979.  :lol:

QuoteBrian is released on the big screen in Truro 30 years after ban

A VERY naughty boy finally got his face on the screen at Truro's Plaza Cinema – 35 years after the Monty Python film Life Of Brian was banned.

Fans flocked to the mini-premiere after attention was drawn to the fact that the film had never been shown in Truro.

Councillor Rob Nolan campaigned to bring the film to the city after learning that it had been banned by Truro City Council in 1979 but that the ban had been lifted nine years ago.

"After I found out it was banned I felt it needed to be sorted out and, after an arduous campaign of two phone calls and a photoshoot, it was," he said.

Ticket sales for the first screening sold out in record time and an additional showing also sold out. Ushers dressed in Roman costumes directed film-goers to their seats. Members of the audience also donned Monty Python fancy dress for the special night.

Film critic Mark Kermode introduced both showings, which raised £3,500 for Macmillan Cancer Support. He was joined on stage by Percy Webber, the projectionist who screened the film in 1979 for the licensing committee who then banned it from being shown in the city.

Mr Webber told the audience how the committee had "seemed amused" but had decided the film was "not fit for Truro".

Stuart Jenkins, manager of The Plaza, said: "We would like to thank all those who came and supported the first public screenings of Life Of Brian in Truro.

"It was a very enjoyable evening, and our sincere thanks go to Mark Kermode for introducing both screenings, and to Macmillan Cancer Support for organising the wine and nibbles.

"Many people and organisations generously gave their services to help the screenings. It was a very successful evening, so thank you to all those who made it possible."

The money raised will go towards making Macmillan's £1 million dream to build a new cancer centre for Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly a reality.

Chris Robins, chairman of the Truro Macmillan committee, said: "What a fantastic fundraising evening. I would personally like to thank David and Mark Williams of WTW Cinemas for their generosity in offering this opportunity.

"I would also like to thank Stuart Jenkins and all the staff at The Plaza for their hard work, and Mark Kermode, who expertly introduced the screenings."

http://www.westbriton.co.uk/Brian-released-big-screen-Truro-30-years-ban/story-25536197-detail/story.html

Grey Fox

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 14, 2014, 09:28:34 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on December 14, 2014, 02:17:23 AM
Oh, I see my problem.  I was calculating my height with my 6" heels on.  Obvious when you think about it!

(Seriously, WTF. :lol: )

No joke, I had no idea my ideal weight was when I was 15.  No wonder half this country has eating disorders.

According to that chart I should be 130. I think my bones only weigh more than that.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

If only scammers took as much pride in their prose as they do in their code...

QuoteDear Customer,
We have received few notifications from your ip address .Since 2 Days it's keep conflicting with few unknown foreign ip address
Which can take your  Personal and financial information's in High Risk.
As you already have got from us subscription . As per the subscription optimization and tune for your pc will be free for you .Make as call as soon as possible and get your things fix from us.
Regards,
SAM TECHNICIAN
Toll Free number:-(1-800

Ideologue

Sam Technician is indispensable to our organization.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

DGuller

What happened?  Did you make as call and smell something fishy while talking to them?

CountDeMoney

Couldn't get through;  apparently the sidewalks were blocked.

derspiess

Quote from: Syt on December 15, 2014, 03:15:16 AM
So it a lot on airway bills. It's a major distribution hub for one of the delivery services.

They have a big mall there as well.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall