News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

I got the scam IRS phone call. I had soooo much fun with them.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 15, 2014, 04:23:35 PM
I got the scam IRS phone call. I had soooo much fun with them.

I had that as well. Twice. With heavy Indian accents both times.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

I liked it when they told me they was sending the Police to arrest me when I refused to put 500 dollars on a card.

They hung up when I went sexual with my comments.  :(

Admiral Yi

I've only gotten the scam State Attorney General post card.

CountDeMoney

I sorta miss my Jamaicans. 

When I get back into my place, I'm going to have to get another landline listing in the phone book.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 15, 2014, 04:40:45 PM
I sorta miss my Jamaicans. 

When I get back into my place, I'm going to have to get another landline listing in the phone book.

The Jamaicans tried to pull some shit with my dad on the phone. When they threatened him, he told him they would die in the street.

I love my crazy family.

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on December 15, 2014, 07:29:44 AM
Quote from: Tyr on December 15, 2014, 02:10:04 AM
Today I discovered there is a town named King of Prussia. Hee hee
I was in King of Prussia two weeks ago. :)

Like so many of Frederick the Great's courtiers.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on December 15, 2014, 08:46:16 PM

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Habbaku

:lol:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

DGuller

:XD:

CountDeMoney

Poor form, busting on Freddy the Deuce's private life like that.  Shame on all of you.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 15, 2014, 10:06:02 AM
If only scammers took as much pride in their prose as they do in their code...

QuoteDear Customer,
We have received few notifications from your ip address .Since 2 Days it's keep conflicting with few unknown foreign ip address
Which can take your  Personal and financial information's in High Risk.
As you already have got from us subscription . As per the subscription optimization and tune for your pc will be free for you .Make as call as soon as possible and get your things fix from us.
Regards,
SAM TECHNICIAN
Toll Free number:-(1-800

That's a literary masterpiece compared to some of the shit the idiots at work fall for.  My favorite was short and sweet though.  All it was was an email sent from some foreign throwaway address that said CLICK HERE in bold, red, underlined letters.  Zero effort, and quite a few dumbasses went right ahead and clicked on it, then entered their usernames and passwords.  Then they wondered why we shut their accounts down until the infosec guys talked to them.

Habbaku

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 15, 2014, 09:43:08 PM
Poor form, busting on Freddy the Deuce's private life like that.  Shame on all of you.

He was scum.  Suppose it is better form to bust on his public life, though.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

QuoteOne of the World's 6 Remaining Northern White Rhinos Has Died
The animal died of old age at the San Diego Zoo

One of the world's six remaining northern white rhinos died at the San Diego Zoo on Sunday, according to park officials.

Angalifu, 44, reportedly died of old age and had begun refusing to eat last week, reports the Los Angeles Times.

"Angalifu's death is a tremendous loss to all of us," said Rancy Reiches, curator of mammals at the zoo's Safari Park.

Myriad attempts to breed Angalifu with the park's only other northern white rhino failed. The species now faces complete extinction after decades of wide-scale poaching.