News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Now I have "White, Discussion" stuck in my mind.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on July 29, 2014, 04:33:28 PM
Now I have "White, Discussion" stuck in my mind.

Shit towne.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

The Stage.

Although we all know Spice is just setting up the Spiece-is-a-racist joke, because that's the kind of stand-up guy he is.  I think it's sweet and I think Money will too.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 29, 2014, 04:23:32 PM
Nobody remembers In Utero or Bleach as well as Nevermind either.

In Utero has some heavy shit on it. Great album.

derspiess

Quote from: Ideologue on July 29, 2014, 06:38:45 PM
The Stage.

Although we all know Spice is just setting up the Spiece-is-a-racist joke, because that's the kind of stand-up guy he is.  I think it's sweet and I think Money will too.

:huh:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 29, 2014, 08:24:03 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 29, 2014, 04:23:32 PM
Nobody remembers In Utero or Bleach as well as Nevermind either.

In Utero has some heavy shit on it. Great album.

Yep.  Bleach sneaked in and became my favorite Nirvana album though.

Ideologue

Quote from: derspiess on July 29, 2014, 09:20:58 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on July 29, 2014, 06:38:45 PM
The Stage.

:huh:

Play on words.  I don't remember what the song's about, though I remember it's pretty good.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

jimmy olsen

Damn it! :angry:

I want to post about a declassified plan for an American military moon base but Gizmodo won't load for me! :shakesfist:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 29, 2014, 11:00:38 PM
Damn it! :angry:

I want to post about a declassified plan for an American military moon base but Gizmodo won't load for me! :shakesfist:

Oh the humanity! :weep:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

New book is out about Vienna as the world's spy capital (an estimated 7,000 agents are operating in Vienna at the moment).

It cites a few reasons for this:
- since the Cold War a "neutral ground" between East and West
- many international organizations (UN with IAEA, OECD, OSCE, OPEC ...)
- lenient state policy

To the latter point: spying itself is legal in Austria as long as you don't spy against Austria and don't break any other laws. And even then the Austrian state has a history of helping to keep things hushed up, e.g. the occasional person who has to leave the country quickly or the ominous disappearance of someone.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

How's the BND presence? :shifty:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

I think my journey home was so messed up I missed jetlag. :hmm:
Time shall tell
██████
██████
██████

Liep

Turns out I've been making burgers wrongly my whole life.

In Danish, but rather self explanatory:
http://politiken.dk/tv/tjek_dk/ECE2297515/60-skarpe-sekunder-faa-de-laekreste-og-moereste-hakkeboeffer/
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Quote from: Tyr on July 30, 2014, 01:48:56 AM
I think my journey home was so messed up I missed jetlag. :hmm:
Time shall tell

Flying west is best.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk